Newest update 27-3-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Newest update 27-3-2014

Now for the juicy update they just installed and server updated..............I present to you the famous disconnect when killed feature. So far I have been disconnected 3 times after being shot........oh and then there is the also famous, disconnect upon redeploying. And to think SOE's first wave of firing started with quality assurance. Gotta love'em.

Re: Newest update 27-3-2014

I've been crashing on a much too frequently lately. If I pull vehicle then look at map = crash, if I redeploy = 10% time crash, if I play for more then 2 hours in a row = mass slow down followed by crash.

If SOE cannot stabilize their game and instead push for more weapons/features etc.. then I will divert my attention elsewhere.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

the crashing is not bad on my end, but what I do get frequently is random lag spikes. My screen would go black with a weird static sound for about 5-10 seconds with most of the time coming back to the death screen. Its really annoying because it cancels my recording software to the point where I have to restart the recording program (shadowplay) I get them about every 15 minutes. It really sucks when Im flying or in combat with my vanguard.... I've cleared about 100gb on my SSD which runs planetside. I'm planning on reinstalling the game this weekend and cleaning my rig.

I agree with Penny, I want to get membership because I want the gold plating on my vanguard (which looks awesome!) but if the lag spikes continue after i reinnstall the game then I might have to put the game on hold..

Comment

I managed to get in a few hours of play yesterday afternoon.. not all at the same time though.

I wasn't getting any other symptoms.. just random crashes to the desktop.

One other thing I noticed with the new patch is that I can no longer mouse-click through the death screen. Not a big deal but, seriously.. what the heck?!

sigpic

Comment

Huh, I played a bit last night and no problems whatsoever. /knocksonwood
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Last night i was leading and it was horrible. My coms were going in and out, couldnt hear PL some times i crashed 2 or three times and at one point just being inside the warp gate cause me to die from the game claiming it was a no go zone...

All that on top of a trolling goon squad who constantly killed my squad member made up for a very frustrating night.

Then a server disco and coming back and crashing 3 minutes later cause me to just walk away.

Edit: oh did i mention periods of 5000 ping?

Sorry to any one who was in my squad it was probably a gong show.
            SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

No fixes in sight and still more problems happening.

I bought max racer chasis for my flash (700 certs total), ran around esamir with it, and 20 minutes later the server crashed. Logged back on with my racer chasis gone and my 700 certs back, wat?

Sporadically reach 600ms ping, unplayable, 10 times more than what it is usually at.

Again, frequent disconnects in air which leaves my aircraft frozen in game to be decimated.

And finally, worst of all, despite SOE "working on it", I still have had memory spikes where it alt+tabs to desktop for over 3 months now! I have 8 gigs of ram, this shouldn't be a problem.

For now, since 2xp is over and my membership expires in 3 days, I'm quitting this game until some sort of stability is found. I just bought Arkham Origins and I'll finish out the trilogy in the mean time.

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Ghost.........I had that problem too but in this case I can say with assurance it's not a PS2 problem. It occurs with the newest drivers nvidia put out to be compatible with Titanfall. If you roll back to the Jan (I did) driver the problem goes away and you can still play Titanfall (not that you do) with any problems.

Comment

And finally, worst of all, despite SOE "working on it", I still have had memory spikes where it alt+tabs to desktop for over 3 months now! I have 8 gigs of ram, this shouldn't be a problem.
                  Even if you are running a 64bit OS, PS2 is only a 32bit app, Ie limited to <4GB, around 3gb

SOE are planning to update PS2 to run as a 64bit app to over come this memory limit, this will mean that 32bit users will not be able to play PS2 anymore, unless they too upgrade to a 64bit OS

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Originally posted by vts View Post
                    Even if you are running a 64bit OS, PS2 is only a 32bit app, Ie limited to <4GB, around 3gb

SOE are planning to update PS2 to run as a 64bit app to over come this memory limit, this will mean that 32bit users will not be able to play PS2 anymore, unless they too upgrade to a 64bit OS
                    Today seems to be that day, a 64 bit client. Maybe this will fix it.

From the website:

64-bit Client
                    If you’re running a 64 bit operating system, you’ll be running with the 64 bit client. If you’re running a 32 bit operating system, you’ll be running with the 32 bit client. This should cut down on memory related client crashes. (If you are running a 16 bit processor, please put your original Super Nintendo back in the closet and load up PlanetSide 2).

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...