Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS1 is now F2P

PS2 servers are down, DE-GRADE!

Installer can be downloaded here: https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS_setup.exe

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: PS1 is now F2P

From what I've heard about PS1, the story goes much like C&C where the earlier versions had extremely detailed, dynamic, and satisfying gameplay mechanics but had sub-par graphics (to modern standards) whereas the later iterations came with lots of eye candy at the cost of simplified gameplay to reduce barriers of entry.

I do love my PS2 on high but good gameplay is worth it every time.

Comment

^^^ an old post but I think there is one particular problem... I think Not enough people in tg are playing ps1 anymore Id love to try it out some time though

Comment

If there are people interested I'd totally be down to go back there. Certain things about PS1 are just worlds better than PS2. Rather than being constrained by class, you were only constrained by the type of armor you had on, what individual equipment you had certed, and your inventory size. For example, somebody running a reinforced exo could run two primary weapons of any type, two pistols, and if they were carrying additional weapons in their inventory could switch those to the slots. Because of the inventory and cert system, you could loot enemy and friendly corpses, picking up empire specific weapons and collecting them in a persistent gear locker. Mine was full of mini chainguns and lashers. The inventory system carried over to vehicles as well, although weapons weren't interchangeable. Hackers were not only vital to capturing territory, they could also hack vehicles to their side, even while occupied (imagine a blue and yellow magrider), and hacking also wasn't limited to infiltrators. Lodestar aircraft could carry any ground vehicle, while gals could carry a vehicle up to lightning size in addition to the rest of the occupants. And don't forget the BFRs - huge bipedal mechs.
        Kardandt - Planetside 2
        Doing more, with less!
        Asus K53E Laptop: I5 2450M, 8GB RAM ("Found in the trash" edition), Intel HD Graphics 3000, Logitech Trackman Marble, Tethered Sprint LTE connection

Comment

The lodestar above all else is what I wish would make a return to ps2 i think alot of people are worried about having tanks on air landing pads or in hard to reach places, but the fact of the matter is even if the loadstar could take the tanks up to those places, A. tanks dont have the best downward aiming and B they would be extremely limited by the mobility factor.

Comment

I never played PS1. But I have spoken to a lot of old timers about it and much of what I heard sounded really interesting, and in some ways, better gameplay than PS2. They did say that the big mechs kind of ruined balance though. lol
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X