Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good wireless headsets?

Hey everyone,

I recently broke one of the sides of my Turtle Beach PX3 headset. It has been cracked for months but held on with super glue. I've had it several years and have gotten spoiled to having a wireless headset.

Does anyone have a preferred or recommended wireless headset?

BadStache The Astro A50 looks like a good headset. For my budget I'd like to keep it around $100. Right now I'm looking at another PX3 for $50 or a Stealth 600 for $100.

Comment

There are a lot of headsets out there. Last time I did research (couple years ago) I picked up some Corsair ones, they were super comfy, even if wearing for hours. I dunno if they've updated/changed that model since then or not. No push to talk button though, which I always thought was weird, if you need to run to get a drink or quick bio you can listen but not reply. Upon further research, apparently very few headsets actually have this feature. Maybe it's something that not a lot of people care about I guess. But to me it sort of defeats the entire purpose of a wireless headset?

One of the headsets that Assault had sent me was a Logitech G533 which DOES have a button there you can assign to any key like a macro, using their software in Windows. I couldn't see a way to do that in GNU/Linux though, where the headset just shows up automatically without needing to install drivers. I don't think Logitech make Linux driver specifically, and there may be a workaround, but I haven't invested any time in it because it's not a priority for me right now, as I game a lot less anyway, and almost always under Windows still (for now)...

I can say that the Logitechs are not as comfy as the Corsairs I used to have, the latter were very soft and not too much pressure on the sides of my head/ears. The Logitechs have a stronger "spring" and therefore put more pressure on your head, and also the "upholstery" has more of a rough finish to it and slightly more solid foam than the Corsairs, making them a little less comfortable but in fairness I only really notice when I have them on for a while (some hours at a time).

Spend some time and do some research on what's out there now, read a lot of reviews at Amazon and NewEgg, and review sites. I have never found research to be a waste of time when you end up very satisfied with your purchase. Good luck and don't forget to report back and let us know what you end up getting and why.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Look at the Corsair Void series, a friend of mine like them enough to buy another set after he snapped his first set.

Edit: Why not wired If I may ask?

Comment

cris I'll check out the Void series. I personally really like the convenience of not snagging wires on my chair or desk. I also wear the headset to listen to music while I'm doing stuff (i.e. chores) around my apartment.

Comment

The best headset I have ever had is a appox $200 SENNHEISER (German-made). Glad I paid extra for good design, comfort, and quality.
            sigpic

Comment

Another thumbs up for Sennheiser here. Best audio I've heard on a gaming headset, the positional audio in particular is incredible. I've heard good things about Astro's too but I can't see how they could better the Sennheiser at positional audio.

Comment

I gave up on gaming headsets about the same time I started playing Arma3. I wasn't happy with my Logitech "7.1" surround headset because of bad positional audio. Most surround headsets simulate surround and most aren't that good at it. I switched over to a pair of Bose SoundTrue in-ears and absolutely love them. I run a Marshall MXL 2003, on an overhead boom for my microphone. The bose earphones have silicone earpieces for a very comfortable fit. They are wired but I use them with my iPod, tablet, Phone, and my video camera. Like most things Bose, they aren't cheap, but are reasonable at $99.

Comment

Heard many people go the route of quality cans and a clip on mic, instead of purpose built "gaming" headset. Or if you really want to sound good, and/or maybe end up doing some other recording / streaming / YouTubing, get a decent boom mike like BadStache mentioned.

Lots of options here, let us know what you end up doing.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I ended up getting a refurbished Turtle Beach PX3 for $25. I like the model and it works for the most part. It isn't as comfortable as my original PX3 but it does the job for now. I looked around at other $100+ "premium" headsets but I didn't think that they were high enough quality.

I will try to keep the boom mic in mind when I look into getting an upgrade.

Comment

My $200 SENNHEISER wired headset disappointed me -- faulty wiring after a few years of use means my left earphone cuts out constantly. I have little equipment and less experience fixing electronics (my normal role is in the breaking of things) soooo. Today, a trip to the local Canada Computers and now I have the wireless Arctis 7 (https://www.tomsguide.com/us/steelse...view-4140.html). Looks, feels, sounds, promising.

My first wireless head set -- now I can dust and game at the same time!

pew pew dust dust die
                      sigpic

Comment

Now you need a USB duster E-Male so you can upgrade to a wireless one :)

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

hmmm, out of TG action last night as I could not get Planetside2 to acknowledge my headset mic. It worked before, and will work again, just so many interfaces to line up...

[EDIT: PROB FIXED -- HOW? Beats Me.]
                          Last edited by E-Male; 05-08-2018, 12:22 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is a very good read on headsphones:
                            https://www.pcmag.com/article/360750...adphones-wrong
                            Do your headphones or earphones keep breaking? Follow these tips to end the painful cycle of buying a cheap replacement pair every year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X