Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good CPU for PS2 Build AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good CPU for PS2 Build AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core ????

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core/16-Thread Processor Socket AM4 3.70GHz Base/ 4.35 GHz Boost, Wraith Prism cooler 105W

$274 CND (down from $434)

Is this a good core for a Planetside2 machine -- tired of 17 fps in big fights and blue screens...

Thanks!
    Canadacomputers.com offers the best prices on Computers, Computer Parts, Laptops, Hard Drives, PC Hardware & Accessories with fast shipping and top-rated customer service.
    sigpic

The 2700X is the previous generation upper-end consumer CPU. I don't have one but from my research it is a powerhouse. I do know that these Ryzen chips are heavily dependent on fast memory speeds. Keep that in mind.

I would scrub around this video to see how the game plays in large battles.

Comment

Get one of the Ryzen 3s, not an old Ryzen 2, if you're going to get a Ryzen at all. The Ryzen 3s were a significant improvement, it would be a shame to put a Ryzen 2 in a gaming PC now.

Comment

Boildown makes a good point that I should have mentioned. For about the same price you can get a 3600X that scores 23% higher on benchmarks.

Comment

ok, my 9 year old build died two days ago. I built a new machine using the i7-9700K core and turned on PS2 last night at 12 pm...over 100fps on Ultra, up from an average of 20 fps on Ultra. More on the new build and PS2 performance once I get all the spare parts put away...
          sigpic

Comment

9 years is a long time. The 9700K should work out for you. Did you just have it laying around like a coaster or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Heleana View Post
              9 years is a long time. The 9700K should work out for you. Did you just have it laying around like a coaster or what?
              No...I went in all sweaty and jittery to Canada Computers (four blocks from my man cave) and laid down 2300$ for a bunch of boxes and then spent two days putting it all together (hardware=easy, reinstalling progs=hell).
              sigpic

Comment

Wow lol. Well I wish you good luck with the new build! If in the future you need to download (or update) a lot of programs at once you can use a tool called Ninite. Just click what you want and download the file it gives you. Run it to download everything. Run it again to update.

https://ninite.com/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X