Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Just seeing who will be playing Star Citizen when it becomes available..
    Yes, most likely
    77.27%
    Depends on how many are playing
    4.55%
    No, definitely not
    0.00%
    Not sure, waiting for more info.
    18.18%

Re: Who will be playing Star Citizen?

I will be for sure. Is there a release date for it now? (Sorry I haven't really been following after their Kickstarter campaign.)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

still saying 2015 i believe.

Comment

Last I heard, dogfighting alpha is still on track for late 2013 and that'll be the first real gameplay. Keep in mind not all backer packages have access to dogfighting alpha.

Persistent universe alpha is tentatively scheduled for late 2014 for a full release in 2015.

And they've already brought in 25 million dollars. Just broke 25 last night.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Persistent Universe... I like that...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I am probably gonna be playing Elite: Dangerous instead. If they release a demo of this I might try it out, but I already put my money in for Elite b4 I knew this was coming out.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
            [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
            [support]

Comment

I played the original Wing Commander on my 386sx and was instantly a fan. You can bet I will be playing Star Citizen.

Comment

Yea I'm thinking I'll still be alive in 2025.

Comment

In the absence of a "If you don't hear from me for a month, that means Star Citizen came out" option, I had to choose "yes, most likely".

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhold View Post
                    I played the original Wing Commander on my 386sx and was instantly a fan. You can bet I will be playing Star Citizen.
                    Wow, back in the before time when computers could be locked and 40mb hard drives were normal...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I remember a 8mb RAM upgrade for my 486DX/2 66mhz costing me $350. It's actually a fond memory for some reason.

D&D Pool of Radiance never ran so smoothly. A battle begins....

Been watching the Star Citizen thread since it's inception, almost pulled the trigger on a ridiculously priced package due to you dudes jawing about it, but I'm skeered!

Voted not sure.

Comment

lol... well, I am still looking forward to my Avenger, since it is less likely that I will have my ship captured and taken from me in space... Ya, they can do that in the ones with a passenger room...

Comment

Now here's the real question, who wants to help me separate those overworked traders and minders from the heavy material they're always having to lug around?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                          The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                            Now here's the real question, who wants to help me separate those overworked traders and minders from the heavy material they're always having to lug around?
                            You might want something DRAKE produces or even run an Avenger cause those can hold a decent amount of cargo for a fighter...

Charles, what do you think of the idea of owning a cutlass class ship, like the Indrus? I mean, it crews 10 people and has a lot of cargo space... It looks fun... We could really do a lot with one of those and even pirate with that baby...

Comment

This was my exact thinking. Depending on the exact travel mechanics I also think the Constellation might be an awesome pirate ship in heavily traded routes. Imagine using the merlin as a fast scout ship for the constellation, when the merlin finds a healthy bounty you can call in the constellation's big guns the merlin acting as annoyance to keep the prey in the kill zone. The benefit to this being fast light ship that can remain hidden and the large firepower and cargo of the constellation.

Throw in a few Hornets/Avengers or even 300is and you have a wide net with big hooks :)

The idris will be able to sport 3 full fighters but I worry it might be too slow for the early game. Chances are good that early game the majority of traders will be in small ships, constellation class or smaller. Now assuming that ship class will mean anything in terms of speed when your primary prey will be fighter class ships you can't be two class sizes slower and still hope to catch them.

If I had access to any ship and the people to man them

Constellation(Pilot, two turrets, merlin) Cutlass(pilot, RIO)

park the constellation in a corner not likely to be spotted. the cutlass as stealthy as possible(powered down, radar off etc) and the Merlin slowly watching common travel lanes. when something of interest comes into sight the merlin calls the cutlass, powers up, turns on scanners etc. If the cargo looks profitable the merlin and cutlass engage, the constellation comes to life and mops up.

This provides the team with the least exposure worst case scenario a convoy comes through with overwhelming force and make the merlin as a pirate, the cutlass and constellation likely will have time to evac the area, the merlin depending on speed and the tenacity of the defenders might even make it. This also requires only 6 people to work at 100% efficiency and could take on most of the early game piracy I feel. The down side being you lack the ability for serious boarding measures but assuming one operates in relatively unpatrolled areas once the target ship's main engines are offline you could evaluate the crew levels for boarding by the constellation crew(with 4 people after the snub fighter redocks) or simply give the prey the option to hand over their goods along with a small compensation for our troubles for their release. If they refuse, we salvage. :)

Now as more people come online and we make money using this technique we could buy another constellation or upgrade to an indris or other corvette as constellation class ships begin to be more common freighters.

Going for the idris right away would make us a much more powerful and thus to be reckoned with pirate group, but in early game I feel speed to be the first to new systems and ability to operate on smaller crew will be a huge help as people ill be rushing out alone not in convoys to trade and explore. Call it the blue whale approach become huge by feeding on the small :)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                              The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X