Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be playing Star Citizen?

I have already bought a ship. A merchant freelancer. :) Please don't pirate me!
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Garth, we are not looking to do that to you, but I can't say that about non-union members...

My thoughts about a ship like the freelancer is that it isn't the best for weapons or battle behavior, while the Caterpillar looks more and more appealing. It would have a good cargo hold, more people, and even a built in tractor beam... I mean, I think that might be something to consider if we wish to have something other than a Constellation. It think it has more speed compared to the constellation and 2 it has a lot of potential adaptability.

I am thinking that if we could get a corvette class, we could probably hold our own fighters. I mean, instead of using a little merlin, could it be possible to land a Hornet or Avenger on that thing? By the way, we will have to be very careful about bombers. they look like the could be a problem, especially that huge long range multi-crew bomber.

Comment

Yeah the caterpillar looks like it will be very interesting, The thing that makes me less excited about it is that the weapons readout seems a bit light. I think it would serve as a good light carrier of sorts but it depends on how much speed difference there is in ships. though given that it is for long journeys it might have other benefits given something I just read in the wiki from one of the Devs

"You don't have to be outside the law to get the stock Bengals, though. The idea is that we've seeded a couple of them out there in the universe, rendered derelict by a Vanduul (or other) attack. Players can go out there, find them and fix them up. It's basically a conceit to get around the idea that the UEE would never actually let someone have such a ship."

Can you imagine a TG Bengal?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
          Yeah the caterpillar looks like it will be very interesting, The thing that makes me less excited about it is that the weapons readout seems a bit light. I think it would serve as a good light carrier of sorts but it depends on how much speed difference there is in ships. though given that it is for long journeys it might have other benefits given something I just read in the wiki from one of the Devs

"You don't have to be outside the law to get the stock Bengals, though. The idea is that we've seeded a couple of them out there in the universe, rendered derelict by a Vanduul (or other) attack. Players can go out there, find them and fix them up. It's basically a conceit to get around the idea that the UEE would never actually let someone have such a ship."

Can you imagine a TG Bengal?
          That is the plan...

We could always try capturing one, too... I wonder, but do we get guns and such to kill people if and when we try to board and raid a ship?
          [MENTION=28321]Charles Darwin[/MENTION] I thought of another type of business we could get into--smuggling and transport of players.
          Last edited by BeSiege82; 11-04-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

The more I think about it the more I think it might be worth it to having a scouting/exploration focus early on. If we find a bengal even if we dont have enough players to man it fully at the time we find it we could try and get a consortium of like minded groups behind us or even auction the location off either one would give us a massive up on the game

yes there will be at least sidearms, most likely rifles(smgs, shotguns etc), probably grenades and mines given that the engine is already used for a FPS it should be very good at it. I would be shocked if we didnt have some form of internal turrets that can be controlled inside larger ships as well, we already know theyre going to be doing the ability to remotely close bulkheads to slow boarders Its just a small jump then to t least RC if not fully automated defense turrets that can be activated.

I say beseige when the organization module on the web site opens up we should create the TG Pirate Corps or something along those lines.

Comment

Something like that. I want something to hide our true motives... We can support the miner and business side of tg and label ourselves as mercs and be more free... If the miner operation feels in danger Or wants others out of the way, we can use that as pretext for our involvement or behavior... It is simple... It worked for freelancer and should work here... Heck, if we run into ships to capture, we could try...

Comment

I like it, this also means our initial jump into nullsec to find a bengal could be used to find good mining spots for our TG brothers/sisters as well.

Could do like "TG Corps" or Irregular Squadron" I kind of like the last one, since it means there can be non pirate, er uh merc, TG corps as well

Comment

I like it, this also means our initial jump into nullsec to find a bengal could be used to find good mining spots for our TG brothers/sisters as well.

Could do like "TG Corps" or Irregular Squadron" I kind of like the last one, since it means there can be non pirate, er uh merc, TG corps as well
                  So like "Yar...em..hmm...Hello poppet!".

I am eagerly anticipating the early releases and the real release hopefully some time in 2015.
                  sigpic

Comment

[MENTION=46510]DeF[/MENTION] what do you think you will fly?
                    [MENTION=28321]Charles Darwin[/MENTION] as of today, I saw picture of the inside of the Idrus. It looks cool, but I am kind of worried about price and how it can handle...

Also, Charles, I think we might want to invest in high end radar and FCS and or stealth systems. If we want to explore we really need the best detection systems and stealth available...

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      [MENTION=46510]DeF[/MENTION] what do you think you will fly?
                      [MENTION=28321]Charles Darwin[/MENTION] as of today, I saw picture of the inside of the Idrus. It looks cool, but I am kind of worried about price and how it can handle...

Also, Charles, I think we might want to invest in high end radar and FCS and or stealth systems. If we want to explore we really need the best detection systems and stealth available...
                      Agreed, I think stealth vs radar will depend on the need to worry about early NPCs, we should have enough numbers to ward off most pvp if we're early enough

Comment

[MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION] Most likely my F7C-S Hornet Ghost (or Super Hornet if bring it out again before launch). If I can find a few crew members I would love to pal around in my Constellation.
                        sigpic

Comment

You thinking you want to do the pirates life as well def?

Comment

You thinking you want to do the pirates life as well def?
                            Yes, most definitely. Rob from the rich and line my pockets with gold. Also specifically why I got the Black Beard skin.

Also since all my ships are all LTI it does help a little in the long run.

I know you guys we're talking about TG Corps, why not the TG Fleet or TG Armada. It seems fairly common to use nautical terminology in space.
                            sigpic

Comment

As long as they keep first person space combat, I will be there.

This is the one aspect of EVE I never could get past.

Comment

I backed it.. can't remember if I get alpha though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X