No announcement yet.

Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could get the irregs to do the pirate theme for real. Draeh, me, Charles Darwin, pb, di1lweed1212, and DeF...

What ships do we have?
    Constellation
    Avenger
    Hornet ghost
    315i

What else?

Comment

Re: Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Just logged in to double check - I did the digital bounty hunter so I got the Origin 300i, and alpha and beta access.

Thinking about buying the Drake Cutlass pirate edition :) Can't really justify spending any more than that though.

I have a buddy who is an original backer that can trade in for long term insurance - plus you get the OB discount. Not to mention, there are plenty of folks doing it for free, take a peak at a subreddit called starcitizen_trades
      Last edited by PeanutButterWolf; 11-06-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I'm getting giddy...

Comment

I am not currently a backer, waiting on new PC build to jump into it since I know my current build wont even load the install menu lol

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
          The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
            I am not currently a backer, waiting on new PC build to jump into it since I know my current build wont even load the install menu lol
            You may not want to wait much longer to pledge. Come Nov 26th, nobody will be able to get long-term insurance on any new ships (which currently can only be done by trades with folks who have "original backer" status like I mentioned before) and they are putting up some limited ships for sale one last time prior to the 26th.

Comment

Hmm..I was unaware of that, you're right I will have to get my wallet out!

Comment

long term is what? 6 months or is there an even longer one?

Comment

I know some people have lifetime insurance

Comment

Comment

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Lifetime_Insurance

Comment

You're right, it's life-time not long term, I was using the wrong words :)

Edit: it may not be that big of a deal. Apparently the devs have said that the normal insurance that comes with pledge ships covers the same stuff that LTI does, you just have to renew it every so often (it lasts for months at a time, how many depending on the type of ship) and the renewal costs are negligible, apparently.

My 300i says it comes with 4 month insurance, so i'm guessing every 4 months I'd have to pay some small fee to renew the insurance.
                        Last edited by PeanutButterWolf; 11-07-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Can you buy ships without getting a package?

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                            Yes - some ships are available individually, certain ships and configurations are only available in the pledge packages. This is a nice list: http://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_...s_rsi_website/

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                              I wouldn't recommend this unless you already own a package. Because essentially a package is a ship with a copy of the game. If you just buy the ship without first having somekind of package then, you will still need to buy a copy of the game. Keep in mind some packages have alpha and beta access, some have only beta, and others are just the game without any kind of alpha or beta access.
                              sigpic

Comment

What Hawks said.

Double-check what you're buying, packages usually cost around 15$ more than the ship by itself but make sure you have at least one package - the package is what buys you the game, otherwise you could wind up with

Buying extra packages isn't a total waste though, each package you have gets you another character slot, plus all the extra starting credits and stuff can be assigned to whichever character you wish.

Certain ships can only be purchased as add-ons, mainly the more specialized ships.

With regards to the Nov 26 deadline...

It's been strongly hinted in support emails that most of the limited ships will be back on sale for a brief period before the deadline. I'm thinking of picking up a Starfarer because what the hey, I don't need to eat anyway.

The current intent is that insurance is only used up on days that you are actually in game. So your 4 month insurance might wind up lasting you a couple of years unless they renig on this.
                                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X