Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be playing Star Citizen?

Oh BeSeige, regarding your Avenger they confirmed today that the final player version will be a single-seat, and that you will be able to access the cargo hold from the cockpit. The current version is the two-seat military trainer.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

[MENTION=28321]Charles Darwin[/MENTION]. They sold the idris for $1000 - $1250? Well I guess that means we need millions to get one...

Comment

I think healthcare.gov could take some lessons from robertsspaceindustries.com Everytime I visit it makes spend money, I think that Star Citizen will go down in the records for the game to garner the most purchases for in-game items before the actual game is available.
        sigpic

Comment

Lurking and following along this and other threads about this game... looks interesting.

The idea of getting together with some other TGers and doing some raiding (or whatever) sounds like good times.

Forgive my ignorance, but even after googling I can't exactly determine what the differences are (will be) between this game and Eve Online?
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
            I can't exactly determine what the differences are (will be) between this game and Eve Online?
            Can't tell if trolling...

Star Citizen is buy-to-play, (is that what we're calling 'normal' games now?) EVE is subscription-based.

Star Citizen will have a separate single-player campaign in the vein of the old Wing Commander games.

Star Citizen will be first-person space-flight sim with first-person action on foot as well. EVE is combat spreadsheets, "left-click to do things."

Star Citizen will have no rpg-like character skills. Your character is limited only by their money and your skill.

Scale. EVE has thousands of star systems. Star Citizen is aiming to launch with 100 star systems, though each will be more detailed, with multiple planets to land on, some with multiple landing locations, asteroid fields, space stations, etc.

Star Citizen's universe will be more regulated. (for better or for worse) They are aiming for the economy to be "player-influenced rather than player-driven". We'll see.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Strait, I think you did a good job explaining things.

Star Citizen seems like it will limit the capital ships though, so it will be interesting to see how many of the ships and bands will be trading/mining/ bandit groups...

Comment

My guess is that fights will not be as simple as "Heavier ships win." Some interviews suggest that Chris Roberts is trying to avoid the "pay to win" disease, which means smaller ships must have some way to escape if not defeat heavier ships. Not sure of how he will pull it off, but I am happy to find out! :)
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Well, Garthra, you will be happy to know that certain ships like the 350i are very fast and have quite the engine options, so the faster it goes, the farther it can get away from any unhappy fly on the wall...

Comment

No, not trolling. lol

Thanks for the summary. It may also help others, like myself, who are on the fence or maybe peripherally interested in this game become more aware of it.

Sounds really cool, I'll definitely continue to follow development and your guys' discussions here on the forums.
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I really want to see what this merchant thing is that keeps being mentioned when the 27 million mark is reached

Comment

I want to be a merchant, so yeah, me too! :)
                        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Well they just broke 28 million... What next?

Comment

The sale schedule is up for all the limited ships which are going to be sold again for one day each before the Nov 26 cutoff for veteran backers.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...y-Sale-Details

And as a special bonus, LTI will be available on any of the limited ships during this sale, regardless of your backing date.

So for anyone who was feeling left out from LTI, this is your chance.

Comment

well then... guess I will need to keep an eye on things...

Comment

Hmm, I"m definitely gonna pick up an additional a go-faster ship. Should I go with the M50 or the 350R? With the as yet unrevealed specs for the M50 it seems the 350 currently edges it out with more maneuvering thrusters and extra weapons hardpoints, but is there anything you fellas know that I don't?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X