Black Flag Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Flag Group

BeSiege and I are working particulars on the layout of the group(s) that will be in Star Citizen, and for now it looks like we will be sticking with the 2 group setup. The civilized business folk, and the not so civilized guns for hire. Thats where BFG comes in. My idea for the group is to have a small, well trained group setup for bounty hunting, boarding actions, some smuggling and maybe a little aggressive trade negotiations :)

That being said I am working up the recruitment post over at Star Citizen so we can get ourselves added to the organization roster and get all the fancies they promise. Here is what I have so far for the post:

The Black Flag Group is a mixture of all walks of life. Former soldiers, smugglers, anyone who has a need to stay away from the law or just likes to live on the fringes of civilization. Some say we are adrenaline junkies, or searching for our own deaths...This is not the case. The universe is full of evil. Your definition and ours might vary but the truth is evil is on both sides of the law. Rich mean do evil to fill their pockets, while poor men do evil to inspire fear. Sometimes its the other way 'round too. The evil in men is what drove us away from the lives we once had. Many of us have become disillusioned with what they are telling us, and the direction we are headed. We have simply decided to leave it be, and make our own way.

We don't see ourselves as evil men, we are just men. Trying to make a living in a verse that has passed us by and left us to rot. We don't ask for nothin' we can't get ourselves. Honest living just a'int for us, although sometimes we have made an honest buck by accident. The people of the civilized world need not fear us, we mean you no harm. Give us what we are after, and you can be on your merry. Decide to fight with us, then that is a fight you will wished you never started.

If you are lookin for work, or need to get away from whatever is chasing you, we could always use more hands. Just be warned, this ain't no milk and cookies outfit. We aim to misbehave and money the only way we know how. Bounty Hunting, Smuggling, old fashioned hold ups....you get the idea.

Feel free to chime in, especially those that have already signed the dotted line for crew status within Blag Flag. I am still adding to it and making it more better..And yes....I wrote this in Malcom Reynolds voice...dont judge me I'm a nerd.

*EDIT*
    A little clarification, the reason I want to do two groups instead of one is because (obviously) two different types of jobs that we will be doing. But more importantly, I do not want any of our dealings to have any form of impact on the main TG group that is trying to keep its nose clean. We can take the heat, thats why we do what we do. But it should never affect the ones that are trying to stay out of the way. Black Flag will always be loyal to TG and the main TG organization, after all we are all playing under the TG banner at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Dredge; 12-26-2013, 09:34 AM. Reason: Clarification

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Black Flag Group

I went and checked out the RSI recruitment forums and was disappointed to see that a lot of groups already have thousands of pilots in them. It got me worried that the "I win" button is going to go to the org with the most followers. Not sure about you guys, but that's not what I'm looking for, so I dug up some quotes from the man himself....

Originally posted by Chris Roberts
    On the surface of it, as a player, it seems like youíre part of this massive universe and people youíre looking for just happen to show up. But there will never be a case like in EVE Online where you can have a thousand players show up for a massive stellar war. Itís not meant to be that way. Itís a different level of scope. Itís why itís called Star Citizen, and not Earth and Empire or something. Itís about the individual point of view Ė not the overall political campaign or corporations or whatever.

Well, if you think of World of Warcraft, itís not really 2,000 people getting together to go off and figure out how to do something. Itís you and your group of buddies going on a dungeon run. I want it to be more on that level, where youíve got three, four, five, six friends that you go and fly around in space with. You donít have to, but you can work together to do trading runs and split the profits up. I view it as encouraging a group dynamic, but itís a smaller group dynamic than EVE Online. Iím focusing more on half a dozen people or less. Not hundreds of thousands of people.

As far as the big meta-corporations, I could be wrong. There may be a situation where someone really works the system well and has hundreds of people working for them around the galaxy. But that will probably be more in a case ofÖ theyíre the ones issuing missions and putting them on boards. Their effects are felt through the galaxy, but thereís never a point where all their stuff happens in one moment. I think that would be cool, but I think that itís not really set up for you to build up your corporation or group of followers to 2,000, 3,000 people. I could be wrong, but I think the missions and the action weíll see will be on a smaller scale. Theyíll be on a more personal scale.

The biggest group that can be at one spot in space is decided by how many we can have in combat at once. Itís not fully determined. Itís going to be somewhere between 60 and 100-some people.
    My worry is assuaged for now.

Comment

The plan was always to keep it small. Just enough to crew one large Connie and a few support fighters. I have had bad experiences with the large Eve corps. Once they get big, they fall apart. I dont want that to happen. So, by keeping it small it stays controllable in the mission planning sense, and we get to know each other and have more fun.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I will be a knuckle dragging swab jockey crossed anchor Bos'n crew member on a Connie. I will the head of the boarding party.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
          I will be a knuckle dragging swab jockey crossed anchor Bos'n crew member on a Connie. I will the head of the boarding party.
          Heck yea! My boat will be the envy of the verse with you on board. Chief, how'd you like to be the Quarter Master? ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

As long as it doesn't take deep thinking and absolute devotion to officers.

Comment

Itchy trigger finger and a devotion to the all mighty credit...

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

still one thing I don't understand with the design of the connie, why is the bathroom door see-through?

This entire thing should be fascinating... If things go the right way, maybe we should hold training exercises in regards to acting as gunners and operators for crews... Piloting fighters the entire time isn't the only thing a person should be good at...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'll be one of the side pilots. I can help with some smuggling but I'll be doing some exploration as well if we need to scout something out before we actually move there. I'll be having a tractor beam, some tier one lasers, and two sets of different sensors that can be switched out for missiles when the time comes ;)
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

This sounds pretty awesome. Need some crew for my Constellation as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

For those of you who will be running black flag, please head over and give some words and gentle bumps: https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...g-group#latest

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Dredge, the Black Flag logo in that post links to your photobucket account instead of just hosting and embedding it. Imageshack does that when I forget to modify the forum code a bit.

Comment

It looks fine to me, can you screen cap it?

*EDIT* Had another look at the code, and used the forums image adder thingy. There isn't any more dotted lines below it, so it might be good to go now?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Yep, it's good now.

Comment

Guns for hire (aka mercenaries)...that's more like it! :D

I'm up for this BFG. Does this mean I can stiill go exploring with a couple of you guys?

I would like to be a secondary pilot for one of the Connies (assuming that's even possible)! I also want to dock one of my two fightercraft (second one will get bought in-game) in each Connie (300i in Dredge's and M50 in Reinhold's for example).
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X