Dog fighting module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dog fighting module

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a date and it's really soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:D

Comment

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

:)
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I guess this is a game I should put on the SSD?

Comment

It can't hurt. That reminds me, I'll probably have to clear some more space on the SSD before this update. :/
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Comment

depending on how big your SSD is (anything below 120Gb I wouldn't) You may want to but...

With SSD's you have to understand that their lifespans depend on how many writes they get. The more writes the shorter the life of your SSD. An 7200 HDD with a cache is a mighty fine piece of technology and although the read times on an SSD are still higher we're talking milliseconds here. Which is not something you as a user would notice as long as the rest of your setup is up to snuff.

Comment

It depends on the game and whether load times are an issue. For the notoriously long-loading Battlefield 4 maps, an SSD can cut the minute-long load times in half. Early after the Planetside 2 beta I moved Planetside 2 to my SSD and it eliminated the framerate crashes I would get when flying cross the map (presumably loading new map sectors). It helped a lot with load times for deployments as well. On the flip side, putting the abysmally performing Rome II on my SSD had no noticeable effect.

I doubt that loading times will be a real crippler in Star Citizen, but since I have no other urgent use for my SSD space, and since I know Star Citizen will be straining my machine to its maximum, I figure I may as well put it on there. At the very least it should start up quicker.

I wouldn't be worried about the number of writes limiting the lifespan of an SSD. A test of two Samsung drives with TLC memory (less durable than MRC memory) from hardware.info resulted in their first reallocated sectors after use equivalent to 10 gigs of writes per day for 69 and 74 years, respectively. Techreport.com tested six different drives to the equivalent of 160 years of 10 gig/day writes. By their measure the TLC drives started reallocating sectors at around the 30 year/10Gig mark with most MRC drives lasting to the 60 year mark. One drive lasted the full 160 years with no problems, and another had only one reallocated sector. Number of writes doesn't seem like it would be a limiting factor for drive life unless you're say, rewriting the entire drive every day.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

3 (sorry randy :)
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Don't be sorry brother. We are all excited. :)

And I was worried I might be the only one posting in this thread, spamming the board with repeated one character posts, but I am happy to see the excitement is contagious and I am not the only one. :)

EDIT: Now I just got back from the bar, get into PS2 for some rare form drunk late night ops Randy at his worst (finest?). lol

Comment

3 days until May Day! Uh...I mean the "Dog Fighting Module for Star Citizen". :p

My citizen record: 97688

I doubt this record number tells us who is getting in first or not. I think it's completely generated on random since I'm a original backer and have a higher number than some who only just joined recently.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

lol a sight to see this would be...Randy in his natural drunk habbitat roaming the fields of PS2
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Citizen numbers are given in order of first pledge I believe. Who just joined recently that has a lower citizen number than you? That shouldn't happen.

A quick google search gives me the original quote from May 9th:

(To answer your next question, the rollout will be based on Citizen number; the earlier you backed, the earlier you will gain access to multiplayer dogfighting.)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                                Citizen numbers are given in order of first pledge I believe. Who just joined recently that has a lower citizen number than you? That shouldn't happen.

A quick google search gives me the original quote from May 9th:
                                Hmm. Perhaps I read the guy's comment wrong. Thought he said he just joined. Perhaps he meant a organization instead. The topic was shifting around topics and when I saw his reply, the topic had shifted to those who just signed up on SC's website.
                                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X