Oh No!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No!

Get your alpha slot packages quick before the dog fighting module comes out. They will stop selling them then. Also, if you buy a ship after that, if you want to play the modules, you have to pay a fee to test each module out before the Beta comes out.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Oh No!

Where are the alpha slot packages? I don't see that item in the store.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I was looking at this Acreo and I think as long as the package that you bought had alpha access with it you don't need to worry. This looks to be a way for them to keep funding as late comers to the game get more excited about it. You can buy passes for the Dog Fighting module if you don't have Alpha access. Looks like someone up top was thinking....
      sigpic

Comment

Oh Alpha access. The way Siege phrased it, I thought were some mod slots on my ship or something I needed to buy equipment for before they sold out. :p

Okay, I'm not concerned then. I'm a original KS backer, so I'm golden. :D
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just those people who said that they would back it if dfm came out, they would want to consider their option

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I went and sold my Aurora and re bought my avenger because I notices the package I bought did not include access to the alpha and beta, but now it does, you guys might want to check and make sure.

Comment

Being one of the aforementioned "late comers to the party" I am spending my Sunday reading up on the various ships and packages at this point in time, as I am starting to feel like we are getting close to (may be at) a good time to go ahead and pull the trigger on some sort of a purchase.

I wanted to ask everyone (who presumably know much more about the specifics of the various ships), which ship should I purchase? Are there any unmet needs in the group (I will likely throw in with Black Flag)? Or does it not matter that much?

It may be a moot point because I don't think I can really afford to buy one of the bigger more expensive packages anyway. I might just need to get the cheapest package that allows for Alpha access, etc... or not, I dunno. Maybe I can live without Alpha. How long is Alpha expected to go on before Beta, and when is the full release date supposed to be?
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well, for a single seater fighter, an Aurora LN shouldn't be too bad. If you have the money, an avenger looks like it could be better, but the 315i has more long range possibilities.
                Aurora LN - $45 (militarized version of the starter ship; 5-ton cargo capacity. Starter ship with extra equipment and 2 extra gun slots)
                Avenger - $75 (former military fighter with 10 ton cargo. Decent set up and feel in the cock-pit) Made to be fast but requires skill. Equipment information is outdated.)
                315i - $75 (Exploration/ fighter with jump drive and scanner. 2 tons less cargo space compared to avenger and less built for battle.)

The trick to remember when choosing a ship is that when you die, you come back with your starter weapons. Just remember, that this is why we have insurance plans. If we lack insurance plans, then we come back without a ship or lose that ship for good. This also means that if there is a type of equipment that you absolutely want to always have, then buy a ship with that piece of equipment and buy insurance.

Comment

OK guys, I have spent the last several days reading up over on RSI website and forums. And I wanted to share what I learned with any other lurkers / late comers to the party like I was.

Here is the deal with Alpha slots. Most of you who bought packages already have them (just check your package). As of now, there are a limited number of them left and they are going fast. If you go to the home page at robertsspaceindustries.com you can see how many slots are left right on the main page under funds raised. 268 as of this writing (295 when I started writing the post), last night there were ~500 and yesterday like ~750. So yeah, they are going fast.

I am a confirmed cheapskate and was taking a "wait and see" approach and I decided to pull the trigger now, and here's why. The cheapest package is $30 and does not include Alpha access. The $40 package does. If you don't get Alpha access in a package, you will not be locked out, you can still get access later at a price of $5 per module. I don't think they are counting the Hanger Module as one. But other than that there will be Dogfighting Module, Social / Planetside Module, FPS / Ship Boarding Module, which combined make up "Alpha Access." So in my view it's cheaper / better to just pay the additional $10 now, instead of a combined $15 later. Although it's only $5 difference if you miss this deadline, so no big deal really.

Another thing I thought was cool however was the $44M stretch goal, Stellar Cartography:

Stellar Cartography – Walk among the distant horizons you’ve charted in Star Citizen’s dedicated “map room” featuring a 3D holographic representation of the known universe. Your map room will start with a basic guide to the United Empire of Earth, and will expand into something that is unique to you as you explore uncharted worlds and discover new secrets. Build the most in-depth universe map possible and show it off to visitors, or lock down your secret jump points and hidden trading posts so that no one else can follow. Interface directly with the Observist guide to find out everything from what ores are in demand on MacArthur to who serves the best pasta on Terra. And with the ability to leave your own notes about your encounters and travels, it’s more than a map: it’s your digital diary!
                  Anyone who gets in before funding reaches $44M (currently $42,247,678 as of this writing) would get that perk, which I thought would also be a pretty neat thing to have.

So yeah, I just pulled the trigger and am the proud, virtual "owner" of an Aurora LN (LN is "Legionnaire" model, slightly more upgradeable and more weapons than base Aurora, for $45). I know she's not much compared to some of the fancier and bigger ships that some of you have, but she's all mine, and I will now be in the game. I can hardly wait! :)
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Congrats Randy! :) You won't regret (I hope not)! BTW, I also added you to the spreadsheet just now.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

YAY! [MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION] It is good to see you finally bought a ship.

Comment

no more alpha slots people, they are all gone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X