Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm drinking the kool aid, and I'm excited!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm drinking the kool aid, and I'm excited!

I never played any of the Wing Commander games, nor any of the other games Chris Roberts made, so I didn't really have that nostalgia nor prior knowledge of him that some of you probably did.

And I had been sort of peripherally following the SC developments, mostly through the early posts (and now this forum) here at TG. I never ventured over to RSI or really followed any other coverage until very recently.

But now, after really reading a lot of the "WIP" and other material over at RSI, interviews with CR, etc. I can say I am fully on board and drinking the kool aid. :) I am now of the opinion that -- even if only most of the promised things are delivered -- this stands a very good chance of being the biggest and coolest game ever. And as if that were not enough, we are very likely witnessing an historic change in AAA game development, right before our eyes!

I realize I am probably preaching to the choir with some of this information, but now that I more fully realize what Star Citizen is really all about, I am so excited about it. Not only the game but the entire project and what it means for the future of PC gaming. This is going to be so freaking awesome!*

I can hardly wait until the dogfighting module comes out now! Shoot, I can hardly wait until the Persistent Universe comes out (I can't believe it's going to be a whole another year still! :()! Well, nothing to do but wait I guess, and follow development and participate in the various Alpha modules to keep us satisfied until then.

Alright, I'm off to install the Hangar Module now and go oogle and fondle my new Aurora LN for a little bit, and then have dreams of space...

* In my excitement, I really wanted to cuss for emphasis, but since this is TG, I thought the better of it. haha
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: I'm drinking the kool aid, and I'm excited!

I'm taking a casual interest in this at the moment. Star Citizen piqued my curiosity when they started the kickstarter campaign, I just never pledged. I had a good friend who died recently, and he had an interest in playing as well. As an aside, I guess they are going to name an NPC in the game after my good friend who died.

Anyway, I am seriously considering purchasing the Constellation. I still need to do some more research to gauge how much I may actually play the game when it releases. I am especially interested in the Oculus VR.

Comment

Wait, what?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

kool aid. that is all.

Comment

I think welcomed you on TS, so here it is again in case I did not: WELCOME TO THE PARTY! We have mushroom pirate stew in the corner, bloddy merc cake on the red table, and starfighter roast space pig in the middle! Drinks are free until midnight, including that killer Vulcan Ale! :D
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

who me? (noticed he's the only one with a recent join date in the thread) :P

Thank you! I'll definitely try my luck and down some of that Vulcan ale!

there's a TS? O.O I'm mostly on the NS2 servers and happen to notice there was a star citizen part of Tactical Gamer. I suppose the teamspeak info is somewhere should I want to join?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddler View Post
              there's a TS? O.O I'm mostly on the NS2 servers and happen to notice there was a star citizen part of Tactical Gamer. I suppose the teamspeak info is somewhere should I want to join?
              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's the little things, all the functional ship details, the back stories they are working on for all the worlds, etc.

A lot of material has been produced, if you were like me and haven't been already, I highly suggest visiting www.RobertsSpaceIndustries.com and following development and creation of some of the back stories and planetary info that will be making up this universe.

For those of you who enjoy the fiction serials, I found a couple links to the complete stories from the beginning. If, like me, you didn't catch the first post in the story, you can't start at the beginning. So I thought these links might be helpful to those who also enjoy reading the stories. This will also help you learn your way around the new 'verse.

http://vsalpha.com/tagged/Fiction.html
                https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...omment_2255961

Comment

this one here is my favourite story so far :) It's only 2 episodes in but really enjoyed it!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...un-Episode-One

Comment

Yeah, that's the first one I started reading, it's the most recent one. Currently only the first 2 parts have been published. But it's what made me wonder if there were other stories, and then I came across that forum post I linked above. Now I am reading the older ones.

Comment

There has not been a solid space action sim in years and now we have Star Citizen and Elite! Have not been this excited to play a game since I got Tie Fighter working on XP a few years ago.

Comment

lol... Tie Fighter...

Ah, well, this is why I always kept Freelancer

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by TYHBoom View Post
                          ...Tie Fighter working on XP a few years ago.
                          That, sir, is not a space sim. It is the most arcadey wannabes I have seen in all my years. You might as well go play some 3D asteroids shoot-em-up at that point.

Since you mention space sim, take a look at these titles from years past: Descent: Freespace, Descent: Freespace 2 (actually the SCP project since the sequel never got released), Typhoon, Freelancer, Darkstar, etc.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Do you guys know of any guys that might be interested or those we might be able to force them to drink the kool-aid? Maybe [MENTION=8330]Dirtboy[/MENTION] or somebody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                              That, sir, is not a space sim. It is the most arcadey wannabes I have seen in all my years. You might as well go play some 3D asteroids shoot-em-up at that point.
                              Tie Fighter arcade-y? Would you mind elaborating? I have played every single game you listed quite a bit (Tachyon, FS2, and FL are my favorites out of that list) and really do not see how Tie Fighter (as well as the other games in its series Xwing & Xwing Alliance) was arcade like in any way.

I love Freelancer and it has a great mod community which has kept the game alive and interesting. But if you want to talk about arcade-y gameplay, combat and flight in general in the vanilla version was really disappointing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X