No announcement yet.

Which control system will you be using?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which control system will you be using?

I'm curious to see how everyone is planning on flying out in the 'verse.

Personally, I'm thinking I'll be a keyboard and mouse person. I've got a flight stick and I'll give it a try, but I find in 6DOF space games I prefer the mouse over the joystick for comparatively more linear atmospheric flight games.

Planning to hook up the TrackIR once it's implemented. (or hack it in before it has support, like I did with World of Warplanes)
    HOTAS
    9.09%
    Keyboard and Stick
    18.18%
    Keyboard and Mouse
    31.82%
    The Heathen Controller
    13.64%
    Other Primary Control (Please list!)
    0.00%
    Oculus VR
    13.64%
    TrackIR
    13.64%
    Rudder Pedals
    0.00%
    Multi Function Displays (MFDs)
    0.00%
    Flight Sim control panels
    0.00%
    Other Secondary Control (please tell!)
    0.00%
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: Which control system will you be using?

I'll be trying a HOTAS setup. I had thought about adding the oculus rift at some point as well. There is a good chance that I will revert back to mouse and keyboard. I've used joysticks in previous space games and liked the feel. Time will tell though.
    sigpic

Comment

I put that I am using a controller (Logitech F710), but my dream would be to play this and the new Elite game with Oculus VR and the Saitek X52 Pro!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
      [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
      [support]

Comment

I want a Logitech G940... too bad they go for at least $550.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yeah I will start out with keyboard + mouse, but may move into something more dedicated as time goes on and we see how the flight controls shake out.

Remember, it looks like the mouse will be aiming a turret at a separate point than "fixed and right in front of you" (well, on the Hornet at least), so I may need to change to a joystick + mouse sooner rather than later. But then again, I think my Aurora has fixed gun mounts. So we will see...
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the controls work out. It has been stated that they will all be equal for quality of control, it will be down to personal preference. I like the idea behind this because it will really come down to skill as to who will be winning battles, not who has the better flight control system.
            sigpic

Comment

Currently I'm waiting for my summer job to kick in before I get a joystick (or else I might just wait until the star citizen HOTAS they've got planned on release) but I'll give an xbox controller a try and try out mouse and keyboard as well.

also me and a friend are considering making a gaming chair with an MFD :)

Comment

Keyboard and mouse. Can't do HOTAS and unless it's a driving game, K&B is pretty much the only way to go for me.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, now that I think about it, I will be using a stick, keyboard, and a mouse. I have a wired 360 controller that I may use on a larger ship if I am not trying to dog fight and just want to do basic flight...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'll just leave this here.

http://gizmodo.com/you-could-own-thi...n-t-1573914416
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X