Thoughts on AC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on AC

So ... What are your thoughts on the DFM, AC... still downloading I will be on in the morning. A quick skim through RSI forums suggest good reviews over all.

Re: Thoughts on AC

I like it, though it feels weird to some extent. I like my shiny new black and silver outfit.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm enjoying it. The mechanics seem pretty solid and more importantly there's tons of potential.

Alpha is alpha. It's fairly buggy, but over many hours of playing I've only had one crash, one critical bug, and one very annoying bug.

After moving some weapons around the gatling guns on the hornet no longer load ammunition, so I'm essentially down to fighting with the missiles, the two (useless!) bulldog lasers, and one Behring M3A laser which mysteriously appeared on my firing range mount. Still made it to wave 8. Can't wait to see I fare against other players.

The controls aren't rebindable yet, which is in my opinion the biggest issue with the release. The mouse control is the easiest to shoot with (obviously) with the gimbal-mounted weapons but it's the worst to fly with. In order to turn your ship you have to pull your guns off target, so in close-range fights I can see joysticks having a considerable advantage despite not being able to use the gimbal very well. There's a very large dead zone at the center, after which acceleration is very steep. This game is crying out for me to use the joystick to fly, while aiming with trackIR. All in good time
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

It will crash when using the AMD CCC 14.6 Beta driver.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

WOW! Really impressed with such an early part of the game. I cant tell much difference between graphic settings so just running on low, Had one instance where I ejected into an asteriod and got stuck inside and when I hit x for respawn my head was sticking out of the top of ship, a couple other little things like that, had only one crash after about 4 hours of play. Needs some tweaking of course but all in all a job well done from RSI. Fixing to go play some more, cant wait for the online part, I wonder how long that will take.

Comment

I can't eject. I try pressing Right Alt and the other button, but to no avail...

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              I can't eject. I try pressing Right Alt and the other button, but to no avail...
              right ALT + L (I don't believe the L is case-sensitive) doesn't work for you?
              That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

tried last night on the 300i and it wouldnt budge

Comment

i successfully ejected last night
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                    tried last night on the 300i and it wouldnt budge
                    I can confirm. Unable to eject in my 300i either. Either they forgot to install a seat ejection system into the chair before the ship left the factory or they didn't wire it up properly. Either way, I was SOL after getting FUBAR + lost my engines after two tango birds strafed me and the third decided to ram me. Ended up getting killed when I hit the barrier wall. :(

Anyone else playing with mouse-and-keyboard? Notice how friggin' sensitive the mouse flight control is? Jeez, one thing I miss from Freelancer already, optimized for mouse-and-keyboard OR joystick. I kept having to re-adjust after overstrafing or overturning or oversteering. :/ It's like there is a parabola curve when it comes to turning/pivoting your ship. The closer you get to the edge of the screen with your aim cursor, the higher to turn rate is. Gonna have to either get used to this or for me them to allow us a choice between parabola curve rate or linear rate.

I haven't figured out how to remap the weapon groups yet, assuming I can even do that. Otherwise, the shield buster cannon is practically useless though the much higher firerate is a big plus when you need to drop a tango's shields quickly (probably will fail for dropping transports or heavy ship shields). The Omnisky plasma cannons are "okay" IMO. Wish I could/did opt for a faster firerate slug or maser of some sort in exchange for less stopping power/damage dealt per shot.

I miss my Purple Goddesses from Freelancer Discovery! :(

Shields...don't even get me started. On the 300i they are almost worthless. 2-3 shots and I lose my rear shields and a couple more good hits later, bam, there goes my engines and/or weapons. And this bird only carries what 2 to 3 missiles? Seriously? Why can't they pack in a payload magazine with autoloader? It's the future for crying out loud!
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

You can change fire groups, you have to use the Function keys (I think it's F2) to switch to the weapon HUD, then navigate using the arrow keys to the weapon you want to move, then press enter then the numpad number of the slot you want to move/copy it to.

I think. Fiddle with it.
                      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Who uses a joystick or HOTAS?

Comment

Finally go tused to the whole Scanning enemy ships/lock on missiles thing (this is my first space sim, no judging :))
                          before i was trying to just shoot the ships without scanning...i was getting discouraged...
                          it got a whole lot more fun after i figured out scanning lol
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

If any of you are around, I need help learning how to launch my ship (At a total loss on this).
                            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                              If any of you are around, I need help learning how to launch my ship (At a total loss on this).
                              pick up your helmet from the pedestal in your hangar and the just jump in the pilot's seat of an AC eligible ship
                              That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X