tried crafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried crafts

Ok, so I tried flying the Aurora and the 300i. I used a Joystick and the keyboard while flying. You have to use both if you want to fully use your ship, especially the internals. I could not get out of my chair in space.

The Aurora was sort of like flying a giant smoore. It can fly, but feels awkward. It isn't fast and it requires a decrease in throttle before a sharp turn followed by a sudden increase in throttle and applying the afterburner as you come out of the turn.

The modified 300i is a fun little ship. It reminds me of something from Freelancer, maybe the hawk. The power supply is in dire need of an upgrade as it does not support prolonged fire. The flight is decent and the weapons are acceptable. It has decent maneuverability and the HUD seems decent. The view out of the cockpit is nice.

The feel to the ships are different and the feeling of being a pilot is different from the feel of piloting a earth based dog fighting game.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: tried crafts

I felt the same about the Hornet. Sluggish on the pitch but responsive on the roll, thrust manipulation is a must. Happy to see it work with the missile packs though, just wish they had a longer range.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

The Hornet feels pretty responsive with mouse controls. I wish I had one of the other ships to compare it to.

In combat the ship feels properly tough, and the gatling guns absolutely shred. (unfortunately mine bugged after my first test with them and will not load ammo) The Bulldog lasers seem to be pretty useless but the single M3A laser that mysteriously appeared in my hangar is a nasty little thing. My single M3A will put much more hurt on target than both the Bulldogs, and in a much shorter burst as well. Missiles are basically guaranteed kills, I suspect we'll see them lose a little damage potential soon. Of course, if the Vanduul actually used countermeasures they wouldn't be quite so OP.

I know it's kind of silly to talk about weapon balance this soon on, but it is what it is.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

once i turned off the gsafe and combnav it got a lot better

Comment

gsafe and combnav?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
            gsafe and combnav?
            I was tired when I wrote that, sorry for the typo's:

G-SAFE: Prevents unsafe G maneuvers. Disabled with CAPS LOCK toggle.

COMSTAB: Combat Stabilization? Helps to control movement of the craft for players new to space combat sims. Disabled with CAPS LOCK toggle.

COUPLED: Indicator that thrusters are coupled to help with maneuver ease of execution.. pitch, roll... etc. Disabled with CAPS LOCK toggle.

Comment

How exactly does that work? Caps only toggles Coupled mode for me...

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Hey, I saw talks that there was a working PDF that explained the controls and systems. Anybody see a working version of that PDF?

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                  How exactly does that work? Caps only toggles Coupled mode for me...
                  You're absolutely right, my brain just isn't working. It's ctrl+caps_lock

Comment

Hey, I saw talks that there was a working PDF that explained the controls and systems. Anybody see a working version of that PDF?
                    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...de-V0-8-02.pdf

It was linked from the release news page.

Sheesh, it's like you people don't even read the news. :D

Thanks ogmogul. I'll be testing that out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                      https://robertsspaceindustries.com/m...de-V0-8-02.pdf

It was linked from the release news page.

Sheesh, it's like you people don't even read the news. :D

Thanks ogmogul. I'll be testing that out soon.
                      Last night, that link was broken.

Comment

Last night, that link was broken.
                        I've seen this happen before where from time to time documents aren't available. So I moved all of the keyboard screenshots I've taken and that pdf to one of my personal servers. They can all be found here.

Comment

Sadly I only have the 300i I could fly. Though I'm considering the Cutlass for a future purchase if only for the cargo space, the added passenger/co-pilot cockpit, and can probably get me out of a hairy situation if the need arose while exploring without the flying brick scenario the Freelancer would probably get me into.

Aurora = flying smore...jeez that bad huh? Even the stock FL birdie was nimble if easily destroyed.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

[MENTION=13034]Acreo Aeneas[/MENTION], have you looked at the current ship specs?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X