Arena-Commander-Pilots-Guide-V0-8-02.pdf

In-Game Screenshots (Good Quality)
    Keyboard
    Joystick
    Gamepad
    Hotas
    HotasX55
    HotasX55W
    Last edited by ogmogul; 06-05-2014, 11:26 PM.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Keyboard Map

I've also backed these images to include the Pilot's Guide to my personal server as a back-up, they can be found here.
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Comment

Re: Keyboard Map

For all the beauty and coordination, Irving explained that Arena Commander as it exists today is constantly evolving. The complex flight model governing the spacecraft isn’t close to being finalized, and even basic decisions like whether or not spacecraft should have fast or slow yaw rates ( la Elite: Dangerous) have yet to be nailed down. One key thing that Irving’s developers are focusing on is ensuring the "sanctity" of the simulation—trying to properly divvy up tasks between server and client so that a malicious pilot with a debugger can’t do too many things to cheat or break the experience for other players. Irving summarized it quite simply: "We try not to trust the client," he explained.

Arena Commander is definitely rough around the edges. You can’t customize the game’s controls within the game, for example—you have to manually edit an XML file if you want to remap the default keys. Multiplayer capability is still being slowly deployed to the player base, so some backers can hop into PVP matches and some can’t (though the goal is to have everyone’s account multiplayer-enabled in "a few more weeks," as of this article’s publication). Your ship occasionally takes damage and explodes for no rhyme or reason. Support for the Oculus Rift has been programmed in, but the game currently lacks native support for much more common head-tracking devices like TrackIR. HOTAS joysticks like those from Saitek and Thrustmaster are supported but only after entering some console commands—and, as with the keyboard, you can't remap the buttons or axes in-game."

Star Citizen and the triumphant, record-smashing return of Chris Roberts | Ars Technica

Consider this is your current option if you want to change the keys--XML.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X