Space Ship Rentals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Ship Rentals

So in watching various dev videos I've been hearing more and more about the ability to rent out ships for money. With insurance on the ships I'm starting to think this might not be too bad of an idea. I'm debating having a few extra connies and possibly retaliators (depending on how they turn out) in the hangar for rental. Thoughts?
    That's not blood, its soul juice.

Re: Space Ship Rentals

could be interesting, in case you need a different ship for one trip or something....just rent it :D

i hope the insurance thing works out....i dont want to pay real$ to keep my ship, that would be extreme put-off to me
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Perhaps they could put in insurance fraud into the game as a possible crime you could commit?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Actually, I think insurance is an automatic thing...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
          Actually, I think insurance is an automatic thing...
          but you have to pay for it once the insurance period is up (such as my ship have four months of free insurance, than i have to start paying)
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Insurance fraud WILL be a real meta-gameplay element, no doubt about that. Pirates and citizens... you know. Expect to lose your account if you get caught.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
              Insurance fraud WILL be a real meta-gameplay element, no doubt about that. Pirates and citizens... you know. Expect to lose your account if you get caught.
              Dang. Losing a account = no joy for insurance fraud. :(
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Banging my head... This does not sound like it will end well...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

just don't want the insurance to turn into a pay-subscription to play like WoW or something...
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                    just don't want the insurance to turn into a pay-subscription to play like WoW or something...
                    I'm hoping the same as well. In fact, I hope it's something similar to EVE's insurance system. Whereby you have a basic 40% (of ship value) coverage and then a full-service package that can be bought using in-game currency that isn't ridiculous in price.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                      I'm hoping the same as well. In fact, I hope it's something similar to EVE's insurance system. Whereby you have a basic 40% (of ship value) coverage and then a full-service package that can be bought using in-game currency that isn't ridiculous in price.
                      That sounds good
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I guess it might be a good idea that whoever rents your ship has to pay a chunk of the fee for insurance... Like 6% of the rental charge (based on time) is going towards the rental period the ship is insured for.

To put this in another light, you can look at numbers.

$70,000 ship + $15,000 extras

$70,000 insurance policy

insurance period = 12 month

regular insurance policy = $10,000 - $20,000 of in-game money

user rents ship for 3 months

So, user pays $2500 - $5000 to the owner of ship in order to cover the period of the insurance policy that the renter is using the ship.

The renter would also pay a fee based upon the the time that the renter is in possession of said ship.

Say I charged $500 a month for rent.

This is going to mean that I would be receiving a total of $4000 -- $6500 for the period of 3 months time while my ship is out on rent.

Personally, I hope that the insurance system is automated so that there are no "paper work" issues. The computer should automatically be notified that you died (or lost your ship) and insurance policies need to be implemented in a moment's notice. The numbers can be changed for the insurance policy pricing and time period coverage. It is going to be a problem for some, as this may be a way for people to transfer ships illegally or duplicate ships.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X