X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Aurora Owners

ATTN: Aurora Owners

Subject: Aurora

Dear friends and fellow Aurora owners, I come to you today with good news. Pilots of the Aurora, do not be disheartened because of the Aurora's brickish nature. Your Aurora is a brick and you will live as a brick. It will get you through fights because of it's ability to take a beating, but this is at the cost of maneuverability and speed. Survivability is the key trait of this ship, so as long as you can compensate for damage, you will be able to continue flying even when heavily damaged.

It is through experience that I discovered that you can lose most of your thrusters on the Aurora and still be able to continue battling the AI. If enough compensation is applied, one can easily continue even with a loss of 4 or 5 maneuvering thrusters. The ship has proven to me that it capable of surviving multiple crashes and collisions. It came to my surprise that ships can lose their main thruster and continue to be present in space. If your engines are heavily damaged, you can destroy your engines by attempting to use the afterburner. This is quite different from the 300i, which when damaged to the point of losing the main thruster, will usually explode.

Compared to the 300i, the Aurora is about 40 (velocity units) slower than the average velocity of the 300i. The Aurora roughly tops out with a velocity of 80 (without afterburner). The 300i has a velocity that tops out around 120 or more depending on the configuration. It should be noted that the slower velocity allows for a different style of play as it requires players to consider different flight paths and methods of going after hostiles.

The Aurora, though less appealing, actually seems to present a better HUD set up than the 300i. It is simpler and shows some more practical information via actual in-cockpit screens.

Remember, the Aurora is a brick and it can mildly tank. The 300i is meant to be a lite craft with maneuverability and speed. If you wish to survive and not be picked up on radar, then the 300 series may be better, but if you want a regular commuter that will keep you alive (if you can learn to pilot it) then fly the Aurora LN.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X