Question on Multi Crew Ships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Multi Crew Ships

So I've been following this games development for awhile, seems to have alot of potential!

From what I've read on the official site larger capital ships will have multiple crew stations that can be manned by players or AI. Will this game have a niche for players who want to play a support role in ships and not pilot/own their own vessels as much?
    The teamwork opportunities of gunning in a turret, boarding enemy ships or repairing on board during battles seem interesting; but the real world cost of ships with insurance are bit of a turn off to me. Is there some kind of upside to crewing with human players versus AI?

Re: Question on Multi Crew Ships

Seems like the niche will exist, but it is mostly dependent on you finding the people to gun for and knowing how regular they are.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yup and the advantage to is to have efficient use of resources. You can accomplish much more with players on your ship than Mai's.

Comment

But you will still have to buy a "ship" (actually, a pledge package, which are focused around ships), to get into the game.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The cheapest package right now is 30$, or 40$ if you want alpha & beta access.

I hope people aren't getting the wrong idea either, all the ships will be available in-game. There's no real need to buy any ships above the basic starter package except to get a bit of a head-start and give further support to the game development.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Thanks for the info guys; I'm sure some my fiscal uncertainty comes from my basic lack of understanding what will be payable with in-game currency and ultimately what the real world cost on a monthly basis will be for this game. $30 for a casual player to get started is pretty reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
              Thanks for the info guys; I'm sure some my fiscal uncertainty comes from my basic lack of understanding what will be payable with in-game currency and ultimately what the real world cost on a monthly basis will be for this game. $30 for a casual player to get started is pretty reasonable.
              They have said there will be no subscription, and, insurance will be a small fee of in-game currency, not real money
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X