Grrr! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr! Help!

So...umm. Ever since I've upgraded to my new video card, nVidia 970, I can't get Star Citizen started anymore.

Firstly, it began with me being able to get into the game. But then after a minute or two it would crash. Then after restarting, before it would finish loading, it would crash again! Now it does that all the time. I can't even get in to change any settings to troubleshoot if they are the problem.

I tried:
    1. Reinstalling the video driver
    2. Yelling at the computer
    3. Reinstalling the game entirely (which reinstalled DirectX)
    4. Yelling at it again
    5. Crying
    6. Yelling once more
    7. Deleting the User folder
    8. Yelling at the user folder
    9. Making funny faces.

I just don't know what to do anymore. And this is the only game that messes up. Everything else runs fine.

Here is my comps stats:
    CPU: Intel i7-3770k
    Video: GeForce GTX 970
    Memory: 32GB DDR3 1333
    A cat...and a dog.

I can put up more if it is relevant.

Here is my dxdiag:
    Okay it won't let me put my dxdiag, I guess if I can find a way to show you I will.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: Grrr! Help!

SniffO, what hangar do you have selected? I had an issue last patch where if I had the Asteroid Hangar selected the game would always crash for me.

You didn't list trying different hangars, so I guess that's one more thing you could give a go.

Maybe try editing the settings xml and turning everything down/off?

That's all I can think of for now, besides obviously checking the Star Citizen forums.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I did a quick search and the only thing I found was a problem for someone if they where also running MSI Afterburner. If you have that try turning it off and launch the game.

Comment

I don't use Afterburner but I do use ASUS GPU Tweak, but that has never given me problems before, plus, I don't use it that much anyway.

I think I only have the Business class, but I guess I can try the lowest one if it will let me. Where does one find this settings file?

[support]

Comment

You select your hangar from the RSI website. Under "my hangar".

The graphics options can be tweaked in game.cfg in your StarCitizen/CitizenClient/Data folder.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

This all started when we were screwing around with Shadow Play and the streaming software.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Are there any stable drivers for your GTX 970? If not, give one of the latest beta drivers a try.

This should be expected with any brand-spanking-new graphics card. That's why I suggest waiting a month or two before splurging (a better deal can be had along with better drivers).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

So I guess changing from the Business class hanger to whatever the lowest one is, allowed me into the hanger. Thank you! I haven't tried playing Arena Commander yet though.

[support]

Comment

Yay! nVidia just release game ready drivers, which despite not including Star Citizen on the list of games that I saw, still seems to have fixed the issue. Might have to play it sometime this weekend.

[support]

Comment

cool

And guess what? I got my problems fixed too

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X