FPS Module Reveal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Module Reveal

Early this morning (9pm in Melbourne, Australia) CIG revealed the REDACTED team to be Denver's Illfonic team. (Although this has been pretty much an open secret for a while now)

And they brought a demo to the party. And it's pretty awesome.

*Animations in demo are "mostly placeholders"

During the livestream Chris talked about a lot more, and showed some stuff you might not notice in the video. There's some impressive details, like your breath fogging up the inside of your helmet (and acting as an indication of your stamina). Weapon recoil from the hip is pretty steep, bullet trajectory is based on the physical location of the barrel, first and third-person models and animations are identical, no camera-mounted-in-chest action. Camera direction simulates the way the human eye leads the head in movement, and stays focused on objects while the head moves. So while the character's head does bob around, the picture stays smooth and centered.

Schedule-wise they're looking at Arena Commander 1.0 (single pilot ships) before the end of the year, FPS module early 2015 and the plan is to follow with the Social Module, Planetside Module, Arena Commander 2.0, Squadron 42 Episode 1, and hopefully expand the planetside module into a persistent universe alpha by the end of 2015.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: FPS Module Reveal

I strangely want to run frolicking through woods with excitement.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

heck, I think it could probably be a hit here at TG if they can do it right, especially on planets.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

interesting indeed
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Another TG hit ? Yes! complete ownage of the verse. Weather it is a big deal here or not the game itself is very promising. I see it taking up my bf4 slot and pretty much most of my free time. Boba fett won't have nothing on me ;) Bounties anyone? If I can freeze people in carbonite,...... what a collection that will be :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Another TG hit ? Yes! complete ownage of the verse. Weather it is a big deal here or not the game itself is very promising. I see it taking up my bf4 slot and pretty much most of my free time. Boba fett won't have nothing on me ;) Bounties anyone? If I can freeze people in carbonite,...... what a collection that will be :)
            hehheeh yes plz.
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              heck, I think it could probably be a hit here at TG if they can do it right, especially on planets.
              From the talk in the video, it already sounds right. I wish current FPS titles had this, but most don't.

I would love to go exploring planets on the ground with this much thought put into relative realism from a first-person perspective.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

kay so I know the FPS looks REALLY badass and I love what they pulled with the animations and such. People actually move realistically! It's really neat.

But guys.

guys.

Dat Sexy ass gravity generator.

DAMN! ;P

Comment

The full PAX livestream is now up. Chris goes into a little more detail on some of the FPS elements and lays out his game plan for 2015.

Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

FPS demo video is private.

Comment

that video got me so pumped for that road map. MMM

I don't know why....I just thought of Tiny Tina from borderlands saying "SHE'S GOT LEGS FOR DDDAAYYYSSS", while thinking about this awesome video
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X