I would like to Join.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to Join.

I've been talking with [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION] and a few others about Star Citizen. I've been a fan of wing commander and the XWING and TIE fighter games since I was just a little gamer.

I want to be a part of a crew centered squarely in the TG arena. The problem is I have no idea where to start. Siege, Mogul, and Randy have done a good job of showing me live streams of their ships and hangars and after seeing the amazing, AMAZING, fps heal and player damage demo, I believe I am hooked.

What are my options of joining, are there crews already setup or is that still being figured out, and what costs am I looking at.

In my heart of hearts there will always be a tug of war for most loved genre. Milsim and Space Opera.

Thanks in advance if any of you have time to toss some advice my way.

-Dimitrius

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: I would like to Join.

Get ready for a new article here on the frontpage Dimi......it might help :)

|

Comment

Thanks bud, I will patiently await the announcement.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content/

|

Comment

That's a helluva coincidence, Warlab told me you just posted this while we were getting that article together. haha!

The new front page article was more of an interest piquer, but it sounds like you are very interested already. :) Welcome to what we call being bit by the Star Citizen bug. :) But there is some good info at the bottom of the article about a big anniversary sale they currently have going on. It can sometimes be difficult to find the most basic of information, so feel free to ask us here if you have any specific questions about SC.

Insofar as TG groups, there are a few groups getting started, with various stated aims. And then there are a few more of us who have not committed to any particular group.

My own opinion is that we are too far out from the PU to know exactly how certain gameplay mechanics are going to work, what sort of operations may be profitable, etc.

To say nothing of the fact that the people you will end up playing with a lot are likely to be the people you get along with (or, more likely) you happen to be playing at the same time(s) as (again, just my opinion).

Having said all of that, there are a handful of us that follow development pretty closely, and a few of us that play fairly regularly in the dogfighting module together now that that's out. I would suggest everyone hang out in the TS Star Citizen channel as a way of signalling you are playing, even if that means you are the only one hanging out in there some times.

Other than that, I think many of us are just reading up on all the material over at RSI. There is quite a bit already, and more coming out all the time. Even though we are still at least a year away from the PU being released, there is plenty of stuff to get up to speed on over there, some of which will definitely affect gameplay mechanics and your level of knowledge of the in game universe. Which will likely be helpful depending on what you might want to do in the Verse once it's released.

Again, welcome to the group D, and if you have any other questions that I did not answer, post them up and we are happy to help out a fellow TG brother get up to speed.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Count on it Randy. I'll do my best to research my questions first and then send them to the group if I can't get what I am looking for.

To me, it sounds like there is a bit or something for everyone in this game...

I'm more interested in command and the tactical element, but that's my default position. Hopefully this game will deliver an outstanding product with a development backing and cycle akin to that of World of Warcraft.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
              To me, it sounds like there is a bit or something for everyone in this game...
              That's just the thing. There are so many posibilities, I don't even know what I want to do first when the game comes out! But it definitely sounds like there is going to be enough to keep all of us interested for some time.

The videos and links I chose for the front page article should get you going into some of the basic subject matter. Some of those videos are the first in a series or playlist, where you can see more if you just let it play. Similarly, some of those links go to various websites, including the official RSI website, as well as the wiki, and other sites I have found helpful. And some are just links to other lists of links. There should be enough there to get you started and keep you busy for a little while, until the PU comes out at least. :)

There is a sale going now though, if you decide you want to go ahead and pull the trigger on some package. There would be a couple reasons to consider that (which are also part of the reason I decided to get that article together now). Namely 2 year insurance and the ability to obtain some ships that were previously available only for a limited time. But let us know if you have any questions about any of that before you buy.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As a heads up, consider consulting one of us about your choice in ships. We would be more than welcome to give you our opinion.

Just remember, the ship you pick and the possible crew you work with need to be able to work together in the role you want to play. Certain ships that have long range radar and similar capabilities are sometimes something you want to consider as C&C...

Multicrew exploration ships with long range radar:
                Freelancer DUR (Probably best for front line)
                Constellation Aquila(Multipurpose freighter specially designed for exploration and is equipped with long range radar)
                Carrack (High end Military grade exploration ship that is designed for mapping and long range activities)

For more information, please @ me please. I'll get back to you quickly.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Very nice article Randy!
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

[MENTION=30545]Dill[/MENTION],

Why thank you, sir! :)

Comment

I will happily serve on your crew. I got my own ship for trading/cargo hauling, but for combat I will have to crew someone else's.
                      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Okay Garthra, you are recruited. Assignment, light bulb changer.

Do good at that for two or three years and you can work your way up to janitor. Very tactical job, janitor.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                            Okay Garthra, you are recruited. Assignment, light bulb changer.

Do good at that for two or three years and you can work your way up to janitor. Very tactical job, janitor.
                            on a space ship, i think changing lights would probably be a full time job hahaha

and [MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION], make sure you type in a persons full name, that person "Dill" you mentioned is another profile for someone else hahhaa
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Hey guys. Just saw the front page article and ironically I just got the opportunity to upgrade my aging Radeon 6850 to an Asus R9 270 OC. As a result I got the Gold AMD Rewards package where I can get 3 free games. One of the options is Star Citizen with the Consolidated Outland Mustang Omega AMD ship. Apparently it also comes with:
                              * SelfLand Hangar
                              * Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
                              * 2 Month Insurance
                              * Digital Star Citizen Manual
                              * Star Citizen Digital Download
                              * Squadron 42 Digital Download
                              * Arena Commander Pass

Is this a good way to get into the game or would I realistically need to purchase another ship?

I ask because I don't meet the minimum requirements for Arena Commander when it comes to RAM so I'm going to have to purchase RAM to really take advantage of it.

Right now I'm still running the Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz but with the 2GB R9 270 now so I think I'm good as far as CPU and GPU. But I only have 4GB RAM so I'm going to need to get more RAM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X