the game freelancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the game freelancer

Guys, a lot of us want Star Citizen right now, but we cannot. I have an idea. Why don't we get together and play Freelancer? I play the Discovery Mod for it.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: the game freelancer

Is it still playable?
    Murray

Comment

I would imagine so, if Siege is playing it. But I know nothing about it.

You guys could also play PS2. I know it's not flying, but it is space. And I know at least a few of those guys plan on playing SC eventually as well, so you could start getting to know them. I think Acreo has been playing some PS2 of late, too.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Star Citizen is what Freelancer was meant to be but could not be.

Freelancer Discovery is the mod I use. It is 4.87 and it is fun. It is a continuation of the story and it is now set 20 some years after the events of the game.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Pm me a link Siege, and I'll see what I can do.
          Murray

Comment

you have to get a copy of the game though before anything else.

Comment

Man, it's been out long enough, you can probably get a copy on GOG or something for a few bucks? Amirite?
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                Man, it's been out long enough, you can probably get a copy on GOG or something for a few bucks? Amirite?
                Not on GOG, but Amazon has it for $10 or so.

Comment

The game is probably never going digital at this point. The now defunct Microsoft Game Studios that made the game originally has defaulted all rights to the game to Microsoft proper. There was talk in the community of helping it go digital a few years back, but Microsoft shot it down pretty quickly. The copies that are still available out there, like on Amazon, are limited. So if you want to pick up a copy, do so. No clue how long the supply is going to last given they haven't produced any new disks in many years.

It's a pretty good game. Great story line, lots of action, and is a thriller in space. The modding community has done a superb job and creating mods for the game given there wasn't any SDK or any resources given to us by Microsoft. And the fact it's still somewhat alive some 15 years later says a lot. :)

Personally, I don't think I'll be reinstalling it. Although we can fly capital ships and the like in mods, most community-run servers place severe limits on who can fly one or even play one. In the end, unless you've invested years into a particular server, good luck getting your hands on a nice capital ship. Plus as much roleplaying as there is, all the ships in the game are single-person affairs. No multi-crew ships, though that idea has been tossed around the community for years.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X