• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the spreadsheet gamers

Specs on engines, weapons, armor, stock load outs
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...UZc/edit#gid=0

|TG-IRR|

Re: For the spreadsheet gamers

Wow, so the Aurora's max thrust is the same as the Avenger's boost thrust. . .

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Beinseth,

Is this your own handiwork, or something you came across?
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
        Wow, so the Aurora's max thrust is the same as the Avenger's boost thrust. . .
        You are reading the wrong line Siege. The Aurora's engine's max thrust is at least 2x that of the Avenger's boost trust.

300i Main Engine, Max Thrust: 1.4 mil
        315p Main Engine, Max Thrust: 1.0 mil
        Avenger Main Engine, Boost Thrust: 500k

According to this spreadsheet, the Avenger is the fastest ship out in space. P52 is a close contender. Everything else has about half the potential thrust. Or 1/6 the total thrust if you compare to the Aurora lineup.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This is not mine. I found it on RSI forums, and it was found on reddit.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            According to this spreadsheet, the Avenger is the fastest ship out in space. P52 is a close contender. Everything else has about half the potential thrust. Or 1/6 the total thrust if you compare to the Aurora lineup.
            Actually, my takeaway from this is that the 350R, M50, and Mustang variants all put out 2,800,000 (I assume Newtons?) of thrust while being MUCH lighter airframes (spaceframes?) than the 3,100,000 N Avenger. The Avenger SHOULD be the fourth-heaviest ship in the game (after the Cutlass variants), but without actually seeing the numbers the game uses we can't know for sure.

The P52 Merlin I am assuming is either a typo or just some silliness that has yet to be fixed, because it (the smallest ship yet announced) has a combined thrust of 7,800,000 N, more than double the next most powerful ship even at boost (the Avenger).

Unfortunately, the reality in-game seems to be that acceleration hardly matters (since any ship can reach top speed with boost in seconds) and the arbitrarily chosen top speed of each ship determines which is fastest in most situations.

Overall I'm a little concerned too about the fact that smaller ships seem to have disproportionately MORE engine power, which seems like they're deliberately fudging the numbers to make smaller ships faster and more nimble than larger ships. (even more so than their low weight already makes them) The Constellation, for example, has the same thrust as the Mustangs and the Cutlass is similarly underpowered (1,600,000 N).
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

But this is space. Why would weight really matter? It's all about mass!

As for the numbers. I also wonder how they came up with them. Are they factoring in worst case scenario or factory or is it just the bare essentials connected to the engine (maybe: engine, power plant, simple control/remote control, and a space frame)?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                But this is space. Why would weight really matter? It's all about mass!

As for the numbers. I also wonder how they came up with them. Are they factoring in worst case scenario or factory or is it just the bare essentials connected to the engine (maybe: engine, power plant, simple control/remote control, and a space frame)?
                Wait. Isn't mass weight over volume?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenster View Post
                  Wait. Isn't mass weight over volume?
                  Can't tell if trolling...

Mass is the fundamental property of an object that determines its resistance to being accelerated by a force. Weight is the amount of force exerted on an object by gravity. This is why a 180 pound man weighs 30 pounds on the moon. He hasn't lost 5/6 of his body, gravity is just exerting 1/6 the force on him. His mass is constant (5.59 slugs, or 81.65 kilograms).

Mass over volume is density (slugs per cubic foot or kilograms per cubic meter), force over volume would I guess be force density (pounds per cubic foot or newtons per cubic meter) and I suppose might be used in calculations where a force is exerted throughout a body (like in the case of gravity or magnetism).

Acorn is right though, I probably should have been saying mass rather than weight, although since I was comparing the relative weights of the ships rather than doing actual calculations, weight still works for my purposes. :P
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

From what I have actually seen in the AC, the ships in order of speed are: 350r (300kp/s); M50 (280kp/s); mustang gamma \ omega (270kp/s) 300/325a (250kp/s?); avenger (220kp/s); hornet, ghost, tracker, super (200kp/s); mustang alpha, delta (200kp/s); mustang beta (180kp/s); aurora ln, lx? (160kp/s?) aurora es, mr, lx? (150 kp/s)

The ships I missed I have not flown, so I don't know. Some of the ships with ?'s means I'm not 100% sure if that's actual, as I haven't been in them in a while.
                    Murray

Comment

As for the mass and how to calculate acceleration, its force/mass so for example the avenger has a mass of 13,400 kg and the engine puts out 3,100,000 knw giving the total acceleration of 230kmp/s (rounded because I'm lazy.) You can see the discrepancy as the Avenger travels 220kmp/s but that is due to the added mass of the weapons, pilot, and any cargo therein, which increases the total mass, negatively affecting the acceleration.
                      Murray

Comment

As far as I recall, before I melted my 315p, the max velocity was 220 before afterburner/ boost was applied...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

You're likely correct, as it has more mass than the 300i.
                          Murray

Comment

Link to the original reddit post.
                            Extensive weapons guide somewhere? : starcitizen

|TG-IRR|

Comment

A second spreadsheet has shown up on reddit/r/starcitizen. I havent looked at it yet, am heading off to bed.
                              Been Collecting weapon stats and more from the XML files of Arena Commander. : starcitizen
                              https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-ao/edit#gid=0

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X