No announcement yet.

Request for general Q/A sticky thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for general Q/A sticky thread.

I have a lot of questions about this game, however, like most career oriented professionals, I do not have the time I want to research all of my questions, so I figured I can come to those of you who are following development.

My first question is, I have a mustang alpha, when I enter my hangar it is not there for me to observe. Are only some of the ships observable from the hangar?

Also, where can I find a good tutorial on how to fly properly? I am only going by my experience with Free lancer, which I now see is very different from this, and the keyboard layout.

Also, thanks to Siege for helping me so far. Appreciate it.

Thanks!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Request for general Q/A sticky thread.

First, let's get your ship in the hangar. Go to the rsi website, and click the "my rsi" button (top left,) then select "my hangar." From here you'll see a buttons on the left side, click the one that says "Configuration," scroll down and you should see to segments, side by side, one says "your ships" the other says "selected ships," you should see your alpha in the left one, just click and stash the image of the alpha over to the right side, and pick a slot in your hangar for it. Then click save. Now your ship should be in your hangar, and you can look at it, get in it, and fly it in arena commander.
    Murray

Comment

Second, check out this website for some good info on flying. bsvcflightschool com
      Murray

Comment

Lastly, add me on the rsi website, by clicking the my rsi button again, then select the tab (on the left of the drop down) that says contacts, then select the "add citizen to your list" and type in my handle Dr_Murray and follow me. If you post your RSI handle, I'll add you back, which will make grouping up later much easier, and I can show you some things in game that may help you fly better.
        Murray

Comment

Thank you Murray, you are proving to be as valuable in our community as you are in our ARMA missions. Much appreciated. I will do as you suggest and send you a PM once I have done that.

Thank you.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Ha Ha Ha... I'm actually in the middle of making a basic Q/A FAQ thread. Me and Randy_Shugart_CwQL (He's going to kill me if that is misspelled) are working on expanding a skeleton.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              Me and Randy_Shugart_CwQL (He's going to kill me if that is misspelled)
              I just call him "Randy Sugar" and pretend he's a male stripper.
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                I just call him "Randy Sugar" and pretend he's a male stripper.
                No thanks, Strait. I'm not the type who enjoys into fantasizing about Randy...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

No thanks, Strait. I'm not the type who enjoys into fantasizing about Randy...
                  ^^^^^ lies! :)
                  Murray

Comment

Besiege has been very helpful to the Arma expats, myself included. He has explained things to me and calmed my frazzled brain to the point of where now I am going to pretty much sit it out until I can be a crewman on a large ship when the FPS part is ready. I am not a pilot, I have tried it in different games and it is just not for me. I have a game package with the Mustang Bravo which I do walk a rounds, sit on the couch, lie on the bed and sit in the cockpit. I will try to stay in the loop here and on the SC site but pretty much on the sidelines.

Comment

A nice video that covers Cooperative habits. Should be included in any tactics/training class we may or maynot start..hint hint hint

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Chief, I plan on being pilot second and infantry first. I have no doubt we'll end up on the same ship together, eventually, and there will be plenty of support and security tasks that need tending too.

And no more weird talk about Randy in this thread.

It simply won't do.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                          And no more weird talk about Randy in this thread. It simply won't do.
                          Thank you...

I can't wait to see the first person shooter side of things too.

I kind of wonder if people could rent servers that dedicate to the FPS or Arena Commander module. It could be kind of cool, since I am pretty sure you could rent a persistent universe server, so what is to say that they might allow us to rent a module specific server...

Comment

Thank you...

I can't wait to see the first person shooter side of things too.

I kind of wonder if people could rent servers that dedicate to the FPS or Arena Commander module. It could be kind of cool, since I am pretty sure you could rent a persistent universe server, so what is to say that they might allow us to rent a module specific server...
                            Or just have everything integrated into the PU server. Have a spot in a city for Combat competitions and the such, and for AC, you could just have a "flight simulation" in a city arcade so you don't actually use your ship, just a simulation.
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Isn't that inception?

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X