current thoughts on ship handling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• current thoughts on ship handling

Ok, so I've just been thinking about how the ships handle.

The Cutlass feels heavy and kind of difficult to control. I believe it needs to be optimized. It also seems to lack gimballed thrusters (minus the two trireme thrusters).

A cool little feature of the cutlass is the AI. It is nice to hear a 'congratulation, target destroyed' notice when you destroy a target. The top turret guns need to be swapped for some other type of weapons. I suggest energy.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: current thoughts on ship handling

After fiddling around with mine, I've found putting two 2 a gimbal pucks and badgers on the two under mounts, replacing the nose gun with a m3 or m4 (best is the vi) and two bulldogs on the turret. Then all your weapons are gimbaled, and you have some real punch. Then it's all about drifting, keeping your guns in target, and laughing at the debris as you fly through it.
    Murray

Comment

Are nuetrons ammo based?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

no

Comment

I know this is a little off topic but if you like hearing an AI talk back at you, should try the Voice Attack program with the ANNA profile someone made for AC. Link to the SC forum post here. Voice attack is an $8 program that uses the computer's built in voice recognition to execute keyboard/mouse macros. This Anna profile has something like 1200 commands that it can recognize and translate into actions within AC. My favorite is being able to rebalance the shield and power setting while in combat. It also talks back to you and can read information on the SC wiki to you while your in your ship.

Awesome addition to your AC setup!
          sigpic
          Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

[MENTION=55927]Jestermaximus[/MENTION]

From what I hear, they will be adding a type of Voice Attack into the full game. I am going to wait for that, as currently many patches mess with the configuration of voice attack.

Comment

Great to hear! Did they mention that on one of the Around the 'Verse or Wingman's Hanger at some point? Even with a somewhat buggy implementation, I'm still enjoying the heck out of Voice Attack. Hopefully they'll add the ability to turn off groups of items soon, so I be even more stealthy in my Ghost.
              sigpic
              Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

It was something on the forums quite some time ago.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X