Star Citizen Interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Citizen Interest

Just wondering how many people have played or are actively playing? I am affiliated with another group who specializes in MMO's who are beginning to play there and are looking for friends, do we know how many are in TG's camp?

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: Star Citizen Interest

I would say that people who have backed and are part of the TG family is something along the lines of 40 to 50 people. I'll have to get back to you on the exact number though. I did a glance at a list recently.
    [MENTION=13786]Photometric[/MENTION]

A number of people who own Star Citizen are basically just waiting for the FPS module comes out to install Star Citizen. I play SC for the dogfighting module because I like to fly stuff.
    Last edited by BeSiege82; 02-14-2015, 10:45 PM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

What [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION] said. We currently don't have much (if any) contact with others. A liaison with another community would be great.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, [MENTION=44533]hil3illy[/MENTION] we really need to know who the people Photo is friends with. Photo has a couple options in front of him and he can choose what he wants to do.

[MENTION=13786]Photometric[/MENTION]
        Before anyone continues talking about working with the various organizations at TG, we need information. Photo, I do have a great deal of respect for you, so would you mind explaining to me what your situation is? I have a current stance that is against anything that could be harmful to TG and since I do not represent TG as a whole, all I can do is voice my opinion.

What I say below is meant for any and all individuals who read this thread. It is meant to explain my stance.

There is a by-word known as meta-gaming. Meta-gaming is often compared to social engineering and is highly frowned upon. Meta-gaming has been found at TG in various forms. This behavior is something I do not want to see at TG and any player who joins TG for the lone purpose of manipulating the TG members and the groups should not be here.

That being said, I am curious as to see where this goes.
        Last edited by BeSiege82; 02-15-2015, 08:43 PM. Reason: to better explain without misdirection.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Still early days and we're still waiting for Dredge to pick up his ship *cough* *cough*. Photo there is at least three groups I know of although I haven't really focused on this yet as I still haven't taken time to set up the third party voice control (expecting it to become part of the actual game). You'd be more than welcome in the BFG,"Black Flag Group" but you do have to commit to a ship to join (Hint Dredge Hint)
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I have the game, I have a ship, I joined black flag. Now where in hell is Dredge and his huge ship for me to be part of the crew? I am just waiting in the bushes for the real part of the game because I am not a pilot, just a mercenary waiting for work.

Comment

Siege, I get what you're saying. Let me put it this way, this is a group that goes way back to 2004, formed while playing City of Heroes and was only concerned with playing together and having fun.

This group I play with is much closer to a group of real life friends than even people at TG are to me. Essentially, the primer of TG is pretty much the way the people in the game played, there was no hacking or glitching we led our server in terms of in game raids and taught people on the server how to execute them effectively and were pillars of the server community. They have been waiting for a game to migrate to since City of Heroes was shut down and were looking into Star Citizen.

I think what we're looking for is a group we can play with in case we need people to help with stuff and have a loose alliance with and I thought about the people playing at TG. I'm not sure it's a merger or even any kind of commitment beyond we wouldn't be stabbing anyone in the back or looking to pilfer from the other group.

As far as your "lesson" of meta gaming, not sure if it's applicable in this regard, but that's everyone's decision. If you have a certain amount of unease due to whatever reason, it's no loss to our group and we'll just move along on our own. I don't think you need to ask me my intentions regarding TG, as I've been a member of the TG community longer than you. Also, I don't think Apophis, Wicks and the others in the 42nd would allow me to be around if they questioned my intentions regarding upholding the primer and the TG way.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Photo, I am sorry, I came across harsh towards you and your friends. I am naturally skeptical of people unless they have a good reputation with a person I respect. I am open to finding more information out and hopefully having the opportunity to meet more people to play AC and play FPS module on Friday nights would be nice.

*I am at a loss of words because I feel like a came across a bit harsher than intended.*

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                  I have the game, I have a ship, I joined black flag. Now where in hell is Dredge and his huge ship for me to be part of the crew? I am just waiting in the bushes for the real part of the game because I am not a pilot, just a mercenary waiting for work.
                  Yeah, I second Chief. I'm hanging out in the tall grass waiting for something more than just the flight sim.

Though it sure is beautiful.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Once the multicrew ship Arena Commander portion is released, I expect to see more of you. I want people to help crew a ship with me.

Comment

Fps module should be out by the 17th of march. I'll play with anyone ;-) and I don't bother with the meta game nonsense. I think siege is just trying to ensure people are cognizant of it. There are groups already who's soul purpose is data mining, but as with anything online, they can only collect what you leave behind.

Photo not sure we've met, but I'll gladly play with you and your group, even if it's just to fill a gap in staffing. ;-)
                      Murray

Comment

Your expectations are noted, Mr. Siege.

I'll add them to my list.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                          Once the multicrew ship Arena Commander portion is released, I expect to see more of you. I want people to help crew a ship with me.
                          We will help crash...errr...I mean crew your ship. *hack hack cough cough smiles*
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I am a Merc, I go where the money is , on the ship to get me to it. Meta gaming and data mining are things above my pay grade.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X