Flight Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Training

Some of us within the BFG and our sister org 5 ghosts have been flying together recently and it got me thinking. I would like to try to have organized training flights every so often. Give us a chance to link up and fly together and get better individually AND as a group. This way as the game progresses and we eventually get to launch we will have plenty of flight time under our belts and be able to hold our own.

Would anyone else be interested in this? If so, lets start hashing out the details.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Flight Training

Say when... Huckleberry.
    I am down for tonight if my wife dosn't attack me first, she's been looking at me funny. I think it might be some kind of mating ritual.

Comment

Was thinking the same thing.

I'm down.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Just thinking out loud here, it might be good to do some practicing together during one of the times that they open up a particular ship to all players (like the recent 300-series test) so that we all have the same ship and can do some skill-based follow-the-leader stuff.

On the other hand, we're not all going to be flying the same ships in the PU, so maybe that doesn't matter at all.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

No that would totally help Strait. Get everyone in the same ship and work on things together. It could really help with flying, evading, and attacking if everything is equal and we can focus on pilot skill.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Just let me know when. :)
            Murray

Comment

I like the sound of this as well. I know I'm in need of practice
              sigpic

Comment

As I was placing in "The Weekend Pilot" thread, I want to set up training and baseline tutorials for new TG pilots.

As a heads up, new pilots should learn how to use their ships in combat first in Co-op Vanduul swarm then in multiplayer. Multiplayer is mostly pilots flying and hoping not to crash into each other.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                  Multiplayer is mostly pilots flying and hoping not to crash into each other.
                  All I can say is to master the art of boost-strafing. It's the only reliable way I've found to dodge the jousters.
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I'd be excited to be the first pupil in this new training course! I consider myself a decent pilot, but I'm definitely still a jouster in Co-op and want to get better with these new fangled 6 degrees of freedom!
                    sigpic
                    Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Sign me up. It looks like its time to start spending some time with this.
                      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I will not be training people to use voice attack.

I can help with other functions

Comment

I don't know about other potential students, but I'm interested learning/practicing the dynamics of dogfighting (i.e. not being a jouster). TBH, while voice attack is fun, I think its best to train as if you won't have it in the PU. Then if you do, its just an added bonus.
                          sigpic
                          Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

It may or may not be useful when using larger ships.

Comment

I find it extremely useful. As I can focus on flying and just have to give commands. Some of them require several key presses and would force me to take my hands off the controls. This way I keep both hands on the wheel and use my voice attack to help keep me alive a little longer ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X