Aegis Retaliator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aegis Retaliator

They just released a video of the Aegis Dynamics Retaliator. It looks really cool in my book.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Aegis Retaliator

Nice!
    Looking forward to earning mine in the PU.

Comment

6 man crew
      PP size 6
      main 2x TR6
      VTOL 6x TR2
      Retro 2x TR5
      Maneuvering 12x TR1

Jump Drive
      Size 3 shield with 6 Facings (my guess is that there are 6 sections to the shield and each is considered a size 3 shield independent of each other)
      Cooling 2x size 2

5x Manned Twin Turrets (Size 6 turrest) Presently equipped with Bulldogs.

Bomb bay 1
      4 large munitions currently equipped with cluster missiles

Bomb bay 2
      2 large munitions currently equipped with cluster missiles

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Presently, the Retaliator is in the PTU hangar and some of the players have had the chance to explore. It is a military ship, so it is no frills. At least we have to wait until the top deck becomes available to enter. Here is what the Retaliator looks like inside:

Comment

Here is a video of my Retaliator in my hangar. You can hear Randy in the background, too.

Comment

Wow that thing look badass!

1) Given that you won't have the torpedos in the PU (or maybe you can buy them) will the Retaliator fill a similar role as the Constellation? Obviously it'll be a lot better armed, but I believe they have a similar amount of cargo space.

2) You asked whether the things you found are beds or escape pods. I believe they are the same, you sleep in your escape pods!

3) I own a Ghost, wouldn't putting two additional guns on the canard turret destroy it's stealthiness with the added sig?
            sigpic
            Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Jester,

1) Those who bought it at a certain time actually keep the military specs, so you buy the torpedoes.

3) No, not really, you can turn off your weapons or rather the turret. This would reduce the EM signature. The Ghost's 2 panel shield would have a smaller signature than the 4 panel shield used by the military version, which really produce a much higher EM signature when they recharge. Basically, the canard doesn't change enough.

Comment

1) Thats pretty awesome. Happy to crew for you and melt some Idrises!

3) Fair enough. Playing around with the Ghost in vanduul swarm with just 2x boardswords made it feel really under powered. I assume running all ballistic weapons on it would be the best strategy to minimize em/ir.

Hopefully the GUI improves to where its actually easy to switch those things on and off. I know the Anna profile for Voice Attack is working on disabling groups of modules with a single command. Can't wait to be able to say "rig for silent running" and have my ship disappear from other people's scopes :icon_cool Well at least thats the theory.
                sigpic
                Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

She's a beautiful ship. I do think it's a bit of a shame that the interior is "All hallway, no room" but on the other hand, it's kind of nice having a ship that you can actually get lost in.
                  Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X