Star Citizen 100 Gb client download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Citizen 100 Gb client download

As of a recent announcement, Star Citizen's estimated initial client download will be around 100 Gb. Updates and patches should be between 2 Gb and 20 Gb. If looking to install Star Citizen on an SSD, please consider an option that is well over 120 Gb. The present rumor for Star Citizen's Pre-Alpha Universe with about 3 star systems will be 40 Gb to 60 Gb in size after Arena Commander, Star Marine, and the first season of Squadron 42 are integrated for initial test of the combined functionality.

So, consider buying a 240 Gb - 512 Gb SSD to be on the safe side since Squadron 42 and the updates all come with the expanding universe.
    Last edited by BeSiege82; 03-18-2015, 04:18 PM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Star Citizen 100 Gb client download

This is a little misleading, the final size is hard to say, since it is unoptimized at the moment. It will be large, I mean it's already 30+gigs and that's before the fps module.

It will be huge, but in comparison Strike Commander had its own branded hdd.
    Murray

Comment

As in my post is misleading or their announcement?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Star Citizen Branded SSD's for anyone who pledges $50,000! I accept paypal and most major credit cards!

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
          Star Citizen Branded SSD's for anyone who pledges $50,000! I accept paypal and most major credit cards!
          Haha, I think I'll wait for the explorer variant though ;)

Comment

Good thing I just got a 512 Gig SSD. I thought I would have plenty of room.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I may have to re think this whole thing and consider my lowly $60 investment a gift to RSI and just walk away. A bigger SSD for a game I may or may not want to stick with does not make good sense to me. I have a 120 that it sits on now, more than that and it is "Hasta la vista baby" for me.

Comment

Re: Star Citizen Full 100 Gb client download

Isn't Windoze like 100 gig these days?
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

nah, bro. Its more like 20 to 30Gb unless Cortana got fat when they decided to have her move into Windows....

Comment

Chief, it doesn't take an SSD to play. The download only showed 25 gigs so not sure how much they've compressed the files but 100gbs?
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X