Should I melt? (Carrack)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I melt? (Carrack)

So I own an Avenger, Cutlass Blue and a Carrack.
    I'm considering melting my Carrack for a Vanguard and some store credit for a Avenger upgrade once the variants are out.

What do you guys think?
    Do we have any other Carracks in "our fleet"?
    One of the things making me want to melt the Carrack is crew size.
    Are there enough people here that would like to fly with me on one?

Re: Should I melt? (Carrack)

Keep the Carrack and wait. The Vanguard is cool, but for some reason I feel that there is way more to come and buying the Vanguard now might be a bad idea. Personally, I would keep the Carrack as I think it is really cool, especially if it has LTI.

The Carracks in our fleet are limited, so we may have 1 or 2 at this point. Not totally certain at the moment. Talk to Murray as I have a feeling he just melted something of his and I can't remember what.

Well, the other option to a Carrack is an Aquilla. That Aquilla would require some definite upgrades such as the snub nose and some of the weapons. The Crew size is smaller, too. In any case, I am certain we are going to get some people.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Fen, I think you'd be better served melting the blue and avenger, and picking up a vanguard.
      Murray

Comment

Unless the blue and avenger have lti, the Vanguard seems like it can fill both of their roles. Then save up what you have left over, and grab a hull series.

I've got us covered in the ship department anyhow, Carrack, Orion, Redeemer, Vanguard, Starfarer, and probably either an Endeavor or Prowler.

So what we really need is freighters, since Siege has a Tali and I'm pretty sure Darwin has more ships than I. So it's likely you'll be able to get ahold of whatever ship is needed for the current mission.

Also I'm throwing a book on sale starting Monday, and the plan is to pay off the rest of the car, fill up the savings account, and with whatever is left over grab some more ships. ;-)

US link - Amazon.com: Blue Dragon Cluster - Drax's Tale eBook: Murray Rellim: Kindle Store

UK link - Blue Dragon Cluster - Drax's Tale eBook: Murray Rellim: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

AU link - Blue Dragon Cluster - Drax's Tale eBook: Murray Rellim: Amazon.com.au: Kindle Store

There are versions for many other countries, not die how well the translation turned out though.
        Murray

Comment

which one has Alpha?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
            which one has Alpha?
            None lol.
            Got in literally the day after they stopped with alpha access.
            "I should back SC. Eh, whatever. I'm too tired. I'll do it tomorrow."

*sigh*

Comment

I think I should keep the carrack. Got it before the VAT change. I'd get 350$ store credit but the vanguard would cost me 312$.
              Lame.
              Although now I'll have something to work for in the PU. :)

Comment

so what are you doing now?

Comment

I think I'll hold of on the Vanguard.
                  The Blue is almost similar and can carry cargo.
                  I'll get one after release. ^^

Comment

FYI, don't know if it'll change your mind Fenster, but if you buy the Vanguard before April 6th, its only $250 (US) plus LTI.
                    sigpic
                    Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

After a few days I have come to realize that it is really ugly.

Comment

Meh, overall I like the look of both ships. Even if the Vanguard is a little fat, and the Carrack has those stupid looking antenna's hanging off the side. I'm looking forward to the Constellation overhaul.
                        sigpic

Comment

overhaul?

I hear cutlass redesign and now connie over haul. What does all of this mean?
                          [MENTION=36903]ogmogul[/MENTION]
                          Do you know anything about this?

Comment

The constellation rework has been known for awhile. I'd post a link to a source, but this forum won't let me. Apparently it's in 10 for the Chairman, ep.10 19m46s, according to citizenstarnews.com.

Looks like it is only to move some stuff around on the inside, shouldn't effect the ship's stats.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Fen if you have not melted your Carrack I would be happy to trade a Vanguard LTI and your choice of a standalone 350R 24 month insurance or Super Hornet package 6 month insurance.

My RSI handle is chubby-defender. You can reply here in the form or contact me directly through RSI.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X