Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a new computer. Ready for Arena Commander.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new computer. Ready for Arena Commander.

So my pc broke when I moved the other weekend so I decided it was time to get a new one!
    This one is sure to handle SC when it's released and I'm now looking forward to flying a lot of AC with you guys!

Re: Got a new computer. Ready for Arena Commander.

ok, cool. What are the specs?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

GPU: 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB DirectCU II BLACK

Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO - ATX / Z97

Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120V v2 CPU Cooler 120mm

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB SATA SSD 2.5" 7mm

RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 (HX324C11SRK2/16) (2x8GB)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K - 4 threads / 3,5GHz (3,9Ghz Turbo) / 6MB / Socket 1150

Useless swag: NZXT HUE RGB Color Changing LED Controller :P

Storage: WD Internal Hard drive Black 1TB (7200RPM / 64MB Cache / WD1003FZEX)

Not listed: A 1000w PSU and another 1TB hard drive from my old rig.

Comment

nice, you should be good for a while and let us know how it behaves. Also, feel like going with Windows 10 when it comes out?

Just wait a little while and you could get a nice 1 Tb SSD for when SC comes out. Who knows how big the game will be when the full version comes out. I really think the game will need an SSD for the solar systems.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Nice build! How much did it cost?

The only thing is the memory "scandal" with the vram on the 970's. I would've gone with dual 290x instead.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

[MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION]
            Yeah it doesn't have an excessive amount of storage atm since that's something I can always add more of later. A big SSD would be nice. [MENTION=34399]di1lweed1212[/MENTION]
            It cost me 1754 in dollars. Got the 970's for 233$ cheaper thanks to a deal so that's why I picked them. What "scandal" though? That doesn't sound good? xD

Comment

well, they labeled the 970's RAM as being all one type. About 3.5Gb of it is the same while the .5 is broken off from the main cluster and is sort of slower than the rest, so there is a weird bottle neck.

Comment

Well that's lame. Oh well. What's done is done.

Comment

well, not really a bad setup for a card and you may or may not have to worry as i think that was a revision 1 problem for the 970.

Comment

We'll see how they work on Thursday :D

Comment

Fenster, just remember this for the future, my two AMD HD7950 have 3GB each and I have yet to crash because of a lack of VRAM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                        Fenster, just remember this for the future, my two AMD HD7950 have 3GB each and I have yet to crash because of a lack of VRAM.
                        "Star Citizen launches."

"Zero players online."

"No one could afford to get the computers they needed to play this game of incredible graphical fidelity because they spent all their money on pledge ships."

We will never get to explore the verse. :(

Comment

The only time that the Vram will affect gameplay will be when it goes over that 3.5gb section, which will not happen barely ever, so it's really nothing to worry about at all XD

That's a good build for that much money and a good deal on the 970's. What case also? I love me some sexy cases.

I have the same thing you do siege but with 7970's. I'm hoping they optimize the game a lot more before the fps module, as with one, or two cards, not breaking 60fps in the hangar on high.
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Over the top video but Here it is :P

https://youtu.be/dzRCq6mZwTM

Comment

mind = blown.

haha but in all seriousness, looks like a good case!
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X