Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Not Been Active, But That is Going to Change...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Not Been Active, But That is Going to Change...

Hey everyone,

First off, I want to sincerely apologize for not being active. There's a long list of excuses, but I won't rattle them off. Instead I'm going to start by shifting more time into keeping up-to-date with Star Citizen's updates, what you guys are doing, and getting this organized and shaped up so we are ready to receive a horde of questions, new players, and attention when the game comes out.

With that said, the very first thing I'm going to be doing is working with [MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION] on updating the Beginner's Guide to Star Citizen topic that's currently pinned. I plan on starting tomorrow after I'm home from my first job (around 4 PM to 5 PM CST).

The second thing is that I'll be PM'ing the leaders of the current TG oriented player organizations about meeting up on TS for a chat. This is so I can learn more about each organization, get updates on their status/progress, and see what everyone's plans might be on release day. Most of this will get updated to the The Unofficial Official TG Player Organizations thread.

The third thing is that I want to get in with you guys when you meet up to play together. So far, I've had a lousy track record in getting in on even a single game. This has been due to work or other activities around TG. With a dedication to keep abreast of Star Citizen and Star Citizen at Tactical Gamer means that I should be able to make a future play together. :)

What do you guys think?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: I Have Not Been Active, But That is Going to Change...

Sounds great. Even for those who have been active our meets are very random. I typically play a round or two a day, but if I plan on being on for a while I hop on TS and hang out.

Comment

Murray and fiddler would be ideal contacts as well

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I am still waiting to play as a crewperson (politically correct term) on a medium to large ship because I am truly not a pilot nor do I care to learn at this time in my life.

Comment

I dropped the ball on the Beginners Guide as well, and I see you guys sort of took it in a certain direction that was not really what I was planning. I would like to get together with any interested parties in TS and have a chat about what I had in mind, and then hopefully come to some sort of consensus and move forward in drafting something that distills some very basic answers for lurkers, outsiders, and other casual observers, out of the vast amount of material that is out there and on the RSI website. Some of the most basic information can be surprisingly hard to find for the newly initiated or casual observer.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ok, right now, I would like to see a whole re-do.

Once the re-do is created, another thread should be made that would go into finer detail about some of those key aspects if there is need to do so.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
              I dropped the ball on the Beginners Guide as well, and I see you guys sort of took it in a certain direction that was not really what I was planning. I would like to get together with any interested parties in TS and have a chat about what I had in mind, and then hopefully come to some sort of consensus and move forward in drafting something that distills some very basic answers for lurkers, outsiders, and other casual observers, out of the vast amount of material that is out there and on the RSI website. Some of the most basic information can be surprisingly hard to find for the newly initiated or casual observer.
              I was actually thinking about the draft that Siege sent all that time ago. Was hoping on something better hence why I wanted to get together with you two so we can rework into something better. Honestly, it's pretty disorganized and there are some odd introductions. My own edits weren't aimed at reworking it so much as making it flow a bit better (and it still really doesn't flow).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                I was actually thinking about the draft that Siege sent all that time ago. Was hoping on something better hence why I wanted to get together with you two so we can rework into something better. Honestly, it's pretty disorganized and there are some odd introductions. My own edits weren't aimed at reworking it so much as making it flow a bit better (and it still really doesn't flow).
                He sounds like my one English Prof.

Comment

Should we schedule a get together in TS to chat? Or just carry on the discussion in this thread?

If the former, I am available most weeknights in the evening, this weekend I could be in there today (Saturday) afternoon or evening, or maybe some time tomorrow on Sunday. Just let me know.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                    Should we schedule a get together in TS to chat? Or just carry on the discussion in this thread?

If the former, I am available most weeknights in the evening, this weekend I could be in there today (Saturday) afternoon or evening, or maybe some time tomorrow on Sunday. Just let me know.
                    [MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION], can we meet up on TS later tonight? Let's say 8 PM CST in the Star Citizen channel?
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

don't have a problem

Comment

When are we meeting again to work on the stuff?

Comment

I'm free tonight. You guys up to meet again tonight? [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION], [MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION]
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I want to join in :)

Comment

Too late of a notice on my part so I no one showed up. Shane you are more than welcome. :)

Let's try Sunday afternoon. Is 5 PM CST good? [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION], [MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION], [MENTION=114423]Murray[/MENTION], [MENTION=18805]Shane[/MENTION]
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X