Derek Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Smart

Well, well, well... Derek Smart has struck again. This time, Derek Smart attacked Star Citizen and demanded an FTC investigation into how money is being spent and various other related 'issues.' The matter became apparent after Smart's account was terminated and funding returned. To understand the situation better, it is needed to look back at some of Smart's actions. Recently, Smart began berating CIG for its monetary practices, personnel management, and the funding return policies. Though his actions were mostly done through a blog on an outside site, CIG deemed that his actions were for his own benefit and the benefit of his game projects rather than benefiting the Star Citizen community as a whole. As such, it was decided that Smart's account would be deactivated and his package would be refunded based on the policies set in place during the original kick-starter campaign. As such, it is viewed that CIG's actions will remove Smart from the community and remove any say he could have in where the game would head.

For those who are unaware, Smart has had a history of creating flame wars with people over games since the late 1990s and early 2000s. It started after the poor release of a space game he developed.

It has been noted that Smart is not the only individual that has received a ban and refund. Thankfully for CIG, Smart backed the project during the kickstarter campaign in which a policy is stated that CIG retains the rights to cancel and return the funding of any individual without given cause.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Derek Smart

DEREEEEEEKKK!!!! xD

Comment

That's weird. Seems like quite recently I was just reading something (on Reddit maybe?) where he was taking up for CIG/RSI and saying that the development time is not out of line for such a massive scale game, etc... Maybe I was just reading it recently, and those comments were from a few months ago. I don't recall now.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

either way, his activity in question was on his blog. It was hot air.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X