IMPORTANT UPDATE: special fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT UPDATE: special fix

Update 1.1.6 has come out and there is a new launcher which requires our attention.

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!

We’ll be bringing down the Live service at 3pm CDT/8pm GMT to push the 1.1.6 Publish to Live today along with Launcher v2.3.4.

IMPORTANT SERVICE NOTE: This update *requires* Launcher v2.3.4. The old launcher will no longer allow you to log in.

For those that do not have Launcher v2.3.4:

Installation Option One (Clean Install... we strongly recommend this option!):

1) Uninstall the old version of the game.
    2) Once this is done, download the new Launcher at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download.

Installation Option Two (Copy Files Over):

1) Install the Launcher at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download.
    2) Once download starts, close the Laucnher.
    3) Copy the contents of your old SC installation at \[Install Directory]\CitizenClient into your new SC installation at \[Install Directory]\Star Citizen\Public.
    4) Restart the Launcher when the copy is complete.
    5) Delete the old version of the game.

*Know issues include:
    sound crashing if set at 192 kHz, so set it to 96 kHz or below.
    Heavy HDD usage on some 7200rpm drives. Investigating.
    Some users may need to redownload Net-framework 3.5*

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE: special fix

I had it pop-up during my fresh install like 5x times that there was a new launcher. Apparently the rapidly released several hotfixes. My launcher went from 2.3.2 to the current 2.3.6 in the past 3 hours.

Although my game crashed after I tried doing a private spectrum match.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have dumped this and will not be putting any more time or money into it. I have lost all interest and could care less if they ever finish this game version of "The Money Pit" with its huge hand out always asking.... Mo' money!, while they throw you a bone once in awhile.

Comment

then privately sell your account and be done with it.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Deleted content from computer and walked away but thanks for the advice .

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
            Deleted content from computer and walked away but thanks for the advice .
            I know your frustration Chief.

I have also stopped contributing to the campaign, but I still hold out hope.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

You guys realize that games take time to develop, right? Especially when they're not just reskins of the previous year's game.

GTA V took 5 years to be produced, 7 for the PC version. That's from an established studio, using the same engine from GTA IV, with a team of over 1000 people and an estimated budget of 265 million dollars.

World of Warcraft took 5 years.

EVE Online took 5 years.

Bioshock Infinite took over 5 years.

LA Noire took 7 years.

Starcraft 2 took 7 years.

Spore took 8 years (and was still garbage).

Team Fortress 2 took 9 years.

And Star Citizen is more ambitious than any of these games.

To go from test footage in 2011 to a functional multiplayer game where you can transition seamlessly between first-person movement and complex, customization ship combat in 2015 is frankly incredible for a team that didn't exist in 2011.
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I don't think I can wait that long, I'll probably be in the "Home" slurping Ensure and the nurses won't care that their wifi sucks and that my laptop can't play the game...or.... I'll be under the sod by then.

Comment

Chief... :(

Comment

What? I am going to be 74 in Nov, I am a realist.

Comment

Chief, I did not take age into account. Sorry, I needed a reality check.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X