SC Saitek HOTAS reveal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Saitek HOTAS reveal

UPDATE: looks like this project is dead in the water now that logitech bought Saitek.

Here is the image of the recently revealed official high end HOTAS for Star Citizen.

Basic stick and throttle:

here is the throttle, keyboard, and basic stick merged into a unit:

there are other things made too
    Last edited by BeSiege82; 06-01-2017, 07:43 PM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: SC Saitek HOTAS reveal

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D YeY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 definitely getting it

Comment

They are offering at least 2 other systems that involve a keyboard and stick and a modified version of the X-52 stick.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

is that an actual display on the base? Or is it a sticker

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

from a reddit thread I saw it's an OLED screen. perhaps touch but that seems more like rumour

Comment

Chris Roberts made some comments that indicates that it is desired to function as a touch screen.

Comment

As a heads up, since the basic stick is what it is, it is essentially an X-52 stick with a basic throttle attached to it. That being said, I would say that hte X-52 is superior, but if you are upgrading from a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, then get one of these, as the X-52 is at least $120 and the more sturdy X-52 Pro is in the mid $100s. The X-65 is in the $200 range and considering the considerable modifications done to the X-65, I would guess it has to be near $250 to $270 range, but that is my guess.

Comment

That will look nice sitting in front of my 20 30 20 PLP setup. I'll need to slide my RGB LED backlit K95 over to the side a bit maybe. :)
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Quite tempting. Am going to wait longer though.
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Update: Resurrecting this thread to point out that there is a high likelihood that Logitech will not be working with RSI to produce custom controllers for SC.

Comment

That's too bad. Any idea why it fell through?
                      sigpic
                      Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Well, no. This is based on Logitech's last message on how they will let us know if they plan to continue things... That was last year sometime.

Comment

BeSiege82, this was the first time I'd seen this thread and without scrolling down, I saw that HOTAS setup and started some heavy drooling. And I'm not even a SC player. Too bad it may never see the light of day.
                          “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.”

Comment

Then again, Logitech isn't that greate about communivating anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
                            [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
                            [support]

Comment

Ya, maybe they'll just renegotiate and restart the project in a little while. It could be that Logitech doesn't want to invest in a risky title.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X