Clear All

• [INFO] CITIZENCON 15 Free flight code

Go here:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...citizencon2k15

enter code:
    CITCONFLIGHT2K15

free play for a couple days.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...free_fly_code/

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: CITIZENCON 15 Free flight code

Until 10/25, if I'm not mistaken. And this works even if you are already a backer. I put in the code, fired up Star Citizen, to find a Vanduul Glaive (and other ships) hanging out in my hangar. It was pretty cool to walk around those Vanduul ships up close in your own hangar. They are pretty wicked looking. Sort of reminiscent of the Cylon fighters in Battlestar Galactica.

You won't be able to use any of them in an online match to earn REC, unfortunately (I tried already, lol). But you can take any of them for a test spin in a non ranked match where you don't earn REC.

Speaking of REC, I feel it's time to start getting better at dogfighting, so I am going to be in game a lot more often from now on, honing my skills in Arena Commander and earning REC. I only have my Aurora LN, but I've got about 5,000 REC to spend so I have been looking at upgrading some of the guns and the shield in order to be more competitive. And then of course honing my skills. With the goal of not only getting better, but earning enough REC to maybe eventually try out a Hornet, and then get really good at flying that (or one of the more nimble dedicated fighters, like the Gladius, etc.). So, if anyone wants to join me in ranked matches and start earning some REC, just look for me in TeamSpeak. I'll be idling in there whenever I am in game, or getting ready to get in game. I'm not good enough to be going head to head with other players yet, so just co-op Vanduul Swarm for me for now. So don't be worried about not being good enough, I'm not very good either (I'm pretty bad actually, lol).
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Just logged in to get into a spectrum match in my lowly Aurora LN and um, yeah all the ships are now available to be used in a Spectrum Match for REC (this saw not the case for me yesterday)!

OH MY WOW!

So, anyone wants to get on and rack up some REC the next week or two, while trying out some better ships (Hornet, Gladius, etc.) then hit me up. I'm getting in one quick round now...
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have vacation this week, so I'm game later in the week.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

bump

Comment

Don't know if you guys have tried it yet, but I find that race mode has actually developed my understanding of the flight model better than dogfighting. It also helps you understand the feel of different ships, as your attempting the same maneuvers over and over. I highly suggest taking some different ships into unranked races and doing a few laps.
            Last edited by Jestermaximus; 10-16-2015, 04:55 PM.
            sigpic
            Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Why not just go ranked (Spectrum Match)?

I mean, like Vanduul Swarm, I don't see any downside to it, and that way you earn REC. Unless you care about your ranking as a racer, I suppose.

I don't recommend the same for Squadron Battle, as you will just get shredded in there pretty quickly if you are not at least decent. And that's no fun.

But I don't see any downside for the Vanduul Swarm nor Race modes? What am I missing?

As an aside, I finished the Star Citizen front page article I have been working on the last few days and submitted it. So, pending any corrections / editing, I hope to see it posted to the front page soon! Keep your eyes peeled. :)

Comment

I think not having the pressure of being in an actual race gives me time to reflect a little bit about what I'm experiencing. That way I can try new things without worrying about getting thrashed by other players if it turns out to be wrong. But thats just the way I operate. By all means try in a ranked race. The main usefulness of the race is that your trying to do the same maneuvers repeatedly. That allows you to more accurately compare different ships, and to experiment with producing the maneuvers with different inputs (i.e. learning the flight model). I think it'd function as a supplement to actually practicing dogfighting.

Could I get a look at the article? Thanks!

ps. what do the ribbons in people's signature mean?
                Last edited by Jestermaximus; 10-16-2015, 04:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Got a response from Apo already, he's is out and about and so on mobile, but likes the article and says it should be published this evening. But I can PM it to you, I suppose I can still do edits until it goes live. I keep going back over it and making minor corrections for smoothness and flow.

Ribbons are nominated by your peers within the TG community. More info can be found here.

Comment

Nice article! We might want to update the current beginner's guide, or create a new TL: DR sticky to explain the fundamentals of what star citizen is before your article goes live. Just to make sure that any potentially interested new people can get a quick idea of if they are interested.
                    Last edited by Jestermaximus; 10-16-2015, 04:54 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ya, we do need to redo that beginner's guide, especially now that they got rid of module passes and differences between alpha and beta packages.

Comment

Also not just the packages, but the modules themselves. I'm thinking a little more holistic description of what the game will be. Basically something that new people can quickly look first and see if this CR's vision is something they'd be interested in.
                        Last edited by Jestermaximus; 10-16-2015, 04:53 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have tried to capture the spirit of what is so exciting about Star Citizen in my two front page articles. To do anything else, IMO, is folly as there is such a vast volume of information that is ever changing, that it would be too much of a chore to keep up with.

For those of us who follow development, there are the Comm Link articles, which give a lot of information for those who have the interest / time to follow the development to such a level.

For everyone else, I have tried to capture the essence in my articles. If anyone has any specific questions, they can post up comments on the article, or here in this forum. So, maybe that might be a good idea. Just add maybe a sentence to the end of my article stating explicitly not to hesitate to ask any questions, we have a helpful and knowledgeable community here, and it's a big game, etc...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X