2.0 Available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 Available

The newest release known as Arena Commander 2.0 is available now.

True multicrew functionality is available and working.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: 2.0 Available

~30 Gb download this time. I was shocked.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Shocked because of the size? I am not surprised. They added so much content. Should take me about 45 minutes to download with my schools wired connection.
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Gave it a try last night and some more this morning.

So broken. So buggy. So goddamn fun despite all that.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I can't get past a black screen after auth.

Much like when the first social area came out, I can't enter.

Oh well, I'm used to waiting.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

It is taking forever. Later tonight is will be done.

Comment

I've had fairly good access and stability results. I've only had a failure to connect once out of 6 sessions, 3 of those sessions eventually resulted in crashes, but (with one exception) these sessions lasted well over 30 minutes.

The framerate however, is abysmal. It is apparently a serverside issue and happens regardless of your settings, hardware, or what you are doing in the server.

Quite a few graphical bugs still in at this point, had my ship spontaneously combust on the pad once, saw another clipping through a pad, but everything seems to work... interacting with objects, airlocks, computers. Ordering your ships works great, finding your way to the assigned pad feels like a real airport. :P There appears to be an ownership recognition system in, nobody can access your ship until you have accessed it to prevent hijackings. AR, mobiglas, chat, emotes, multi-crew, fps, zero-G, ship combat, everything seems to work.

Stowed away on a couple of people's ships leaving Port Olisar. The early multi-crew functionality is pretty neat. Multi-crew combat seems a bit... off... balance-wise. Turret gunning seems pretty ineffective and disorienting. The Constellation in particular seems too quick when combat maneuvering to allow decent turret targetting, and it has to maneuver, because it seems to die very easily to light craft. Specifically a Gladius ripped us to shreds with its main gun in seconds.

Got 4-5 people in my Retaliator at one point, that was pretty neat. No idea how to navigate to any objectives.

The FPS area is neat, it was empty when me and my pilot showed up so we just stole some weapons and cased the joint. Movement and weapons feel pretty good, tactical movement looks and feels great. Zero-G shooting is totally badass.

PS. The fact that emotes work while drifting in EVA is glorious.
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Please, don't forget that the changes to the controls make flying the Retaliator a nightmare. I am not kidding-- I accidentally boosted and decoupled the ship right off the pad. The tali flying sideways at boost speed is fun--a sideways hot dog with wings.

Comment

Got my download finished while i went out to dinner. Can't wait to try it out with some of yall!
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                    I can't get past a black screen after auth.

Much like when the first social area came out, I can't enter.

Oh well, I'm used to waiting.
                    THis turned out to be AMD Gaming Evolved. Uninstalling this allowed me to at least load the game.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

[MENTION=17278]Dimitrius[/MENTION]

It is fine for me, but Crossfire caused that for me

Comment

Dude, after spending a few hours and going through a few crashes I must say it is still a complete blast. Jumped on a connie with like 4 or 5 others but the captain lost all control of the ship. Thankfully I was ejected but all others on board where trapped lol. Because we were at the oliser space port weapon functions where not operating, so I had to get my ship and ram the connie to help them out. Chat was hilarious, talking about parts made in China, ect... LMAO I missed the ship and crashed into the station. Finnally another person came by with an aurora and successfully crashed into them. Too funny. Cant wait for us to hop online together. There was some serious role playing going on also. So much fun, hope they get the crash to desktop fixed soon.

Comment

Tonight and last night, mogul stole some dude's retaliator.

Comment

the Holiday live stream today showed off some cool things like, seamless space to land flight (as in, freakin atmospheric flight OMG!). I am gonna be in TS messing around on 2.0 if anyone wants to join in.

Comment

Give me a little. got some stuff to fix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X