flight control schema

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flight control schema

After some time flying, I've become curious. It is possible to use two joysticks when flying and to have a throttle, but does anybody know if it is possible to also add a second mouse to the computer? I'm trying to figure out a way to allow the binding of the free look button to a mouse so while I use my stick to fly, I can use my left hand to easily control the free look.

[MENTION=18805]Shane[/MENTION]
    Do you think this might work?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: flight control schema

I think there would be conflict. You could try though.

Comment

I'm not familiar with SCs controls, but Windows can have two (or more!) mouse devices attached with out a problem. Assuming you want both mice to do the same thing it's no big deal. It would really be an SC question if you want them mapped to different controls (one for free look, one for menu navigation (for example).

Comment

Sounds like a very interesting solution. Hopefully that function will eventually be covered by some VR goggles!
        sigpic
        Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

I believe this should work by default as long as you switch mouse look mode first? (forget which button but it is in the rebind menu)
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I think it is holding left alt.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Ok, so I tried setting things up. I don't have enough room for this to work...

Comment

Not sure about two mice But I do know some fly with two Joysticks. Search the RSI Forums, next time I'm in there Ill have a look.

Comment

Ok, well, I got the 2 mice, 2 sticks, and the keyboard to work, but my left stick died.

As for the second mouse, it has two buttons that are linked directly to left Alt and left Ctrl. As such, that mouse can allow me to control my view while I fly.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                    Ok, well, I got the 2 mice, 2 sticks, and the keyboard to work, but my left stick died.

As for the second mouse, it has two buttons that are linked directly to left Alt and left Ctrl. As such, that mouse can allow me to control my view while I fly.
                    Trust me BeSiege save up some pennys and pick up Track IR5 not as fancy as Occulas Rift but way cheaper. Its been the best investment I made for ArmA as Infantry and as a Chopper pilot ( Can't believe I flew with out it before. ) lol

Comment

Well, I may have to wait for the trackIR6. The occulus DK1 was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                        Well, I may have to wait for the trackIR6. The occulus DK1 was fun.
                        Well if you have the Occulus DK1 then you won't need Track IR 5 didn't realize you had it. I thought about it my self but I couldn't see how Id use my HOTAS with out seeing it :(

Comment

Originally posted by .Ferret. View Post
                          Well if you have the Occulus DK1 then you won't need Track IR 5 didn't realize you had it. I thought about it my self but I couldn't see how Id use my HOTAS with out seeing it :(
                          Actually, I wish I had an occulus, but it was my professor's toy that he lent me for a month.

Hey, have you ever seen sci-fi mecha pilots? They always depict them wearing an occulus and some how they use their sticks correctly. ha ha ha, but we aren't mecha pilots.

Comment

seige you can build rather cheaply a good head tracking unit for about $50, less if you can/don't mind building your own housing. My first diy was probably about $15 bucks.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X