Second monitor? why not use your tablet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second monitor? why not use your tablet

Found this while reading on the RSI forums, it is an interesting video showing how to use your tablet to help run your ships HUD. Potential? Immersion breaking? or a great idea to feel more like your really in the ship?

And here is the link to the RSI Forums post from the creator of the grids seen in the video. His setup (pic is in first post) is pretty cool I would love to be able to do something similar.
    sigpic

Re: Second monitor? why not use your tablet

How many tablets do you need before you need another person managing the subsystems for you?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Troublesome4u was showing me this the other night, good stuff. I'm going to try it with 2 old android phones first, and see how it works. I just need to buy or fabricate some holders to mount on the side of my main monitor.

Comment

Home made plywood cockpit with a dozen old smart phones attached, here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Home made plywood cockpit with a dozen old smart phones attached, here I come.
          Haha I'm thinking about this setup with 3 monitors, and at least 2 old smart phones. ;)

http://www.rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims/floor_unit.html

Comment

That is a neat video.

Also, why not Zoidberg?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm going to try this with an old Asus 10" tablet. I also have a nexus 7 that isn't used much any more that may be a better size. If that works out I may try and snag one from my brother who stopped using his when he got his Note 5.

I hope this works as I'm finding shield management is an area where I am definitely lacking any skill at all right now.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll probably be doing this to. But bear in mind that you can also do a lot of the same thing with voice commands! Getting the program Voice Attack (free I think) and downloading one of the profiles people have made in the RSI forums will allow adjust most things via voice. Some of them even have a detailed set of computer voice responses to your commands. I love being able to yell "forward shields to full!" and actually have it do something :)
                sigpic
                Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

My only issue with this is that currently I've been using voice to talk in ts. Anyone tries using the two together?
                  sigpic

Comment

LG and Fiddler have used it that way. This normally turns into a couple of guys yelling at ADA to do their bidding.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      LG and Fiddler have used it that way. This normally turns into a couple of guys yelling at ADA to do their bidding.
                      And this is why push-to-talk should be mandatory :)
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

And this is why TS don't always work with Joystick

Comment

I got my 2 old Motorola android X2's up and running with Power Grid, its pretty slick. I'll prolly buy a $40 tablet too, That will be schweeet with 3! Now i just need to make a custom holder (already planned), and get my 3rd monitor up, and I will have a nice cockpit. Next logical step is Track IR, and a hotas stick/pedals set up to complete the immersion.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                            Yea, Push to talk works fine. Try to make your VA commands more then one word though. I have been ejected from my ship because VA thought it heard (Eject) from someone in TS.

Comment

I'm kind of torn right now. Part of me wants to buy an Occulus rift once the price comes down, the other part wants to build an fancy cockpit setup with multiple screens. Like this:
                              But more janky and homemade.
                              sigpic
                              Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X