A really great Reddit thread about Star Citizen and Player Life Expectancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really great Reddit thread about Star Citizen and Player Life Expectancy

STAR CITIZEN REDDIT THREAD! <-----CLICK ME!

This thread begins the forum vine as a topic pondering the expected average player life based on experiences in other games. He fairly chooses three games that we likely have all played or heard of and offers examples of the "Sociopath, Murdering Psychopath" problem we all have seen in many different multiplayer games. The question then evolves immediately into accountability for those murderous, psychopathic, gate-camping jerks(If anyone reading this is one of those types, please know I have no respect for you.) and the challenge of offering a system of response that is balanced enough to allow for a realistic, but real approach. Anyway, I think the OP and the highest ranked primary response are worth the read alone. The responder makes a good point about the method for attaching accountability to a player and the results or repeated attempts. For now, I do not see a superior responsibility system, but I really haven't spent alot of time thinking about this particular issue.

What are your thoughts? How do we expect to either police the stellar areas around us or rely on some automated system to do it for us and offer the greatest flexibility?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: A really great Reddit thread about Star Citizen and Player Life Expectancy

now to explain:

The he said--she said problem?

reporting problems?

Will the police know in deep space?

Do we report attacks and criminal activities to authorities at space stations?

Why do I have the urge to kill people in space?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
      Why do I have the urge to kill people in space?
      Because you're a human being, and Space, like the Internet, is a place where consequence and accountability may remain known to you, but anonymous to the rest. We're imperfect, selfish, opportunistic animals and when given enough liberty, it has been proven that we will take before we think.

Or

I dunno, maybe you just like to kill others for sport.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I hope there is a strong criminal element to keep things interesting. I think the sociopath killers/criminals (those who commit crimes in controlled space) will rack up bounty's so fast they won't last long on a server, as they get kicked from the server when they finally get killed is part of the punishment. Like Dayz, there will be very interesting experiences when you come across someone in deep space, where no one is watching. Lot's of possibilities. That's going to be the really fun part I hope.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X