odd performance issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd performance issues

This is one of the oddest things I've noticed tonight. I am hoping somebody might know what is going on.

I powered on SC and found that my GPU usage was maxing at 72% and my CPU was mostly around in the 70% range with one core @ 100%.

I just can't figure out what is holding me at 24 frames in the Universe mode. I didn't have any real issue, but MSi afterburner did jump the GPU utilization to 84%.

Is this the server holding me back?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: odd performance issues

This was the case when universe mode went live (servers not being able to keep up, so you'd have poor framerates regardless of settings).

How long has it been happening?
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I would just say "it's a pre-Alpha." :)

Have you gone over to report on Issue Council? During that process, my understanding is it searches for similar issues.

Perhaps you will find a solution, or discover that others have already reported the problem, and it may indeed be a legitimate bug.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ok, I noticed a few things.

1) Need to leave my GPU settings at normal

2) Accept that programs can interfere

3) Servers are behaving poorly which causes drops in performance

4) I need to do a full system check to see if my card or mobo has issues

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I have noticed that the game can take forever to load. I figured this was just because they haven't had a chance to do many optimizations yet. I mean, they are still working on making the game, while (I think) simultaneously trying to do some optimizations. I think also, in a lot of cases, they are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with current technology, and building out brand new custom technology to make some of this stuff happen, and scale, bigger and bigger as we go...

It's pretty exciting, and amazing really, when you think about it!

Have any of the recent patches seemed to help with your issues?
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I hoped on for the first time in a few weeks. (been busy down in Texas) The only issue I had was my graphics settings would not save. It was stuck @ 1920, which made my frames less then I like.

Comment

Well, I had a swell time on my windows 8 install which just so happens to be my gaming install. Now I will try getting the sound to work on my Windows 10 install. I may need to unistall my sound card, roll back my GPU drivers, and then install my motherboard's newest sound drivers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X