Fighter performance/ maneuverability graph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighter performance/ maneuverability graph

Up to PTU 2.4, this seems to be accurate.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Fighter performance/ maneuverability graph

Hey there, what do these numbers mean? Effective thrust? Thrust/Weight ratio? Some sort of composite score? I'm a little confused 1) does lower scores = better maneuverability? 2) If that is indeed the case, the racing 350r would seem to have worse forward "maneuverability" than many non-racing ships and the Sabre has less lateral "maneuverability" than the hornet. If this isn't the case and higher = better maneuvering, then the Aurora has much more forward "maneuverability" than both racing ships. So actually the numbers are confusing either way I look at it.
    sigpic
    Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

I actually forget the thread it came from. Though a little hard to say it in words when I don't remember the specifics, it was something along the lines of rate of thrust over time where lower is better. That is to say, thrusters with higher numbers indicate that it takes longer to reach full thrust... I think it has something similar to 0 to 60 in 7 seconds or something odd like that with cars.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Gotcha, maybe either time for the thrusters to 'spool up,' which is essentially a measure of jerk (i.e. rate of change of acceleration), or maybe the time it takes for the ship to from 0 to full speed along a given axis.
        sigpic
        Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X