Overinvested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overinvested?

So I currently own a Terapin, a Vanguard Warden and a Carrack.
    I really don't really know if I like having the vanguard.
    I might downgrading but how?
    What would yall do?
    The Terrapin will be my main solo ship. Just exploring and stuff.
    Melt the Vanguard to a smaller fighter and some kind of hauler?

Re: Overinvested?

Just personal taste but I'd diversify. Depending on your preferences, a Freelancer for cargo (or a constellation if the exchange works out), or an m50 for racing + a mid range fighter (like the Gladius).

If I may ask, why both a Terrapin and a Carrack? Both very cool ships, but aren't they both for exploration?
    sigpic
    Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Carrack is for doing multicrew with friends.
      Unless npc hiring is really efficient.
      And yeah I was eyeing the freelancer.
      What fighters can still equip jumparoni engines though?

Comment

The Connie isn't suited for single player. The two turrets, if properly used, are a blessing if you are running a salvage group or some other stop-and-go operation (a 4 man job though). The Freelancer is probably better for you as your regular ship, which is a 1 to 2 man operation. I would go with a normal Freelancer or Dur. The Cargo loses the top turret if I recall.

Your Vanguard isn't a bad ship and I like them, but I personally would hold onto it until later once that gets fixed. I mean, transporting goods is next to impossible with it, but for combat missions, it is way better. The Terrapin cannot transport goods unless you mind things going crazy inside the ship. That can kill people apparently.

I way over invested, but not to compare myself to Murray though.

By the way, I just realized that ships that have captain's chairs will be the type Bronco would love. He would just sit and give out the orders.
        Last edited by BeSiege82; 09-02-2016, 02:17 AM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yeah you're right.
          A lot of ships are stated to get reworks so waiting is probably the right call.
          Cutlass most prominently.

Comment

I think the cutty is getting reworked after the other versions of the connie, freelancer, and one of the earlier ships come out.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yeah I'm still waiting on my Connie Phoenix! Once we see what that ship can actually do, then I'll decide if I want it.

That being said, I'm all about maximizing my enjoyment in the here and now. So I have a diversity of ships, allowing me to experience everything the game has now. A fighter, a racer, and multicrew ships.

Just my approach.
              sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for all the original ships to get the new damage model.
                The cutlass and connie reworks are very exciting aswell.

Comment

Buy whatever you think is going to look good in your hanger. The rest you can earn in game. Buying ships now is about supporting development, and getting a little token in return. I dont think these ships will be a massive deal to earn in the game. But even if they are, you should leave something for you to do in star citizen. Also I dont know why you would want a two types of exploration ships. The carrek, and the terrapin do the same thing. Unless you like the looks of them.

Comment

I had asked the same question. One is for exploring solo, the other for exploring with friends. I hadn't thought of that, but its a very good reason if you want to primarily be an explorer. Also, upon further reflection, if he normally uses the Carrack but finds a small jump point, he can still explore it using the Terrapin.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know about that.

As for the Vanguard, they are making a troop transport version, which if it sounds correct, that part might be swappable with another module (storage maybe).

Comment

[MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION] - I'm happy to see more variety in the game. According to STLYoungblood the Vanguard has swappable modules like ewar, and now troop transport. He further speculates that this new module was created because they need to troop transport that they could quickly get into SQ42.

Personally, my speculation is that we will not see a dedicated cargo module for the Vanguard. Other fighters have cargo boxes that they can add, but a whole swappable module would seem to fundamentally change the role of the spacecraft (as opposed to just tacking on an exterior storage box). Also that level of capacity might make the craft's role conflict with ships like the Reliant. But thats all just my interpretation of their design decisions thus far.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I could see it being a flat area like there is in the freelancer. You walk through with small cargo space on the side of the walk way... No idea though.

Comment

I think the ramp on the Vanguard inherently prevents cargo just by design.
                            I also remembered why I have what I have lol.

Terrapin: Soloplay, non-combat roles.
                            Vanguard: Soloplay, combat roles.
                            Carrack: Soloplay, Cargo roles. Multiplayer, Exploration and CNC combat roles.

Might change the Vanguard for Redeemer depending on its rework in the far future. It seems it could be fun to do some TG group stuff with.

I also rewatched tons of STLyoungblood and remember why I used to like him so much. Really good information and news while being unbiased even though he makes a few assumptions sometimes it's nothing compared to how wildly speculative and opinionated other youtubers can be.

Comment

The ramp on the normal Vanguard would definitely not help with cargo. But that newly announced variant has a much larger ramp to let marines on and off. I think the assumption is that any cargo variant would include that larger ramp.

Love STLyoungblood. BoredGamer is also fun but is slightly more free with his speculation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X