TG members/ Owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG members/ Owners

So I've noticed that there are a number of TG members that have backed SC but never made it publicly known to us.

I was not expecting to hear that Fireforeffect , Wray , and Wildman02 have backed the game. There are others, but where have these backers been hiding?

I backed the game at the end of 2015 after being interested in it for some years. However, their development time is sure dragging along. I'm not getting any younger.

Comment

It may be dragging along, but this is the normal development cycle to be honest. Final Fantasy 15 had a 10 year development cycle. EVE online has continued development over the last 14 years.

There are no shortcuts to excellence, but I hear you.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Dimitrius
        You probably know more of the ArmA players that have backed than I do. Do you know of others?

Comment

No Siege, I do not.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I have a few ships on SC. Waiting on my Aegis bomber... :D Have a F7C[?] as well. Haven't' played in a month or two.

Comment

Someone (BeSiege82 perhaps?) mentioned to me a long time ago that it's probably not good OPSEC to be posting detailed lists of in game names, ships, associations, etc...

I think this will hold very true in SC as this will not be like many other titles current and past here at TG. We will likely *not* have one "official" TG organization in SC, due to the nature of the game. In SC you will have ability to be associated (officially) with up to 5 (or more?) groups in game, and unofficially in any number of course. We will surely have "legal" and "less than legal" groups forming naturally out of our player base and there will inevitably be some overlap.

I just don't think it's a good idea to be posting such detailed information in publicly searchable forums. By doing so you are just opening yourself up to potential open source intel gathering. And of course things posted in the past are never going away, they are archived by now on sites like archive.org, etc. Just some things to keep in mind, not only for in game OPSEC as it pertains to SC, but also for real life in general. ;)

Now, if your forum name and in game name(s) are different, and you want to express interest in SC and discuss it, start to know people and build relationships and community with as yet unknown fellow broader TG community members, that is all well and good. But I see no benefit in publicly posting personally identifying in game information (PIIGI? new acronym? lol) in a public forum...

Just my $0.02.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X