Waiting for 3.0...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for 3.0...

Saw this on reddit and thought you all might get a chuckle.

Waiting for 3.0

Although, my wait hasn't become painful yet. I desperately need a machine upgrade and the funds still haven't materialized.

haha that is perfect! Great gif.
    sigpic
    Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Ya. I hear you about that. In anycase. Now 3.0 is going to be pushed back to after Gamescon.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Looks like they pushed it back to September. But I was just reading the roadmap and what they are releasing in 3.0 and wow some pretty cool stuff:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

I'm looking forward to cargo, missions, and a delta patcher / upgrade client (so we won't have to download an entire giant file every update!).
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Guys, keep an eye out, you might get into the PTU

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I periodically check the schedule-report link (posted above) and few weeks ago there were like 30-40 bugs IIRC, now down to 7...

:)
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Now in a couple weeks, the Evocati will get 3.0

Comment

What's Evocati? Their play test server?

Comment

The evocati sign an NDA.

Comment

So maybe "who" would have been the better question? Alpha/beta testers in the community? A 3rd party QA company?

Also, graphic still sitting at "7" however hasn't been updated since I last posted that. Maybe they only update that weekly or so?

Comment

Now down to only "1" Critical bug! w00t! :) Shouldn't be long now...

Comment

Ok, let me give an example. Murray is an evocati as far as I remember. Evocati are the very first wave of testers that are provided test experiences which is to say that they are the pre-PTU test wave. They are required to sign an NDA to keep non-officially released information silenced.

Comment

I gotcha. So, they are a relatively smaller group than full PTU, if everything goes OK with them then they can decide to release to full PTU group for further larger scale testing. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                            I gotcha. So, they are a relatively smaller group than full PTU, if everything goes OK with them then they can decide to release to full PTU group for further larger scale testing. Makes sense.
                            I think there are under 1000 Evocati.

Comment

>be me
                              >check schedule-report link again, like I do every few days now
                              >looking for graphic in the usual spot
                              >scroll past that part, because the usual graphic was missing
                              >scroll back up
                              >find this:

We are thrilled that the first version of Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 was released to our Evocati testers. This is a major step forward in our efforts to get Alpha 3.0 into everyone’s hands. The first stage of public testing is important for so many reasons, but primarily it means we have many, many more people playing the game and providing feedback to guide us through the next round of improvements. Based on tester feedback, we will continue to smash bugs, implement fixes, and improve the user experience. As we move towards a full live release, we’ll expand the test group so more players can participate in the process and experience Alpha 3.0. We couldn’t possible create this amazing Star Citizen universe without our backers and testers. So, we thank you all and look forward to seeing you in the ‘verse.
                              >mfw
                              :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X