The Aegis Hammerhead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aegis Hammerhead

As a heads up, guys, the Hammerhead is going to be in the game's 3.3 PU release. We have some at TG. I want to get some people together to explore and man it. Feel free to give a shout out if and when you get into the PTU.

Do keep in mind, the devs do appear to support the idea of using this as a support ship to ground operations.

Ok, it has been classified as a corvette and is pretty cool.

Comment

How's performance in 3.3?

Comment

40 -70 fps on a mid range machine. (3770k @ 4.4Ghz; 32Gb RAM; RX480 8Gb; and SSD).
        35 - 50 fps on a workstation (two xeon x5670 @ 2.9 Ghz; 44Gb RAM; 15,000 RPM HDD in stripe RAID; and a 1050 ti)

The X5670 is the same chip as the old i7-990x but is downclocked to 2.9 - 3.3Ghz. I don't know how an SSD would improve the performance, so do keep in mind that anybody running an older machine.

Fenster

Comment

I've modified my PC a bit. Installed some more fans, overclocked the CPU and tweaked my Ram ontop of discarding a faulty harddrive that seems to have been messing with my setup for a long time.
          Installing Star Citizen again and maybe if it works I'd love to try out operating the Hammerhead or Valkyrie some time with ya!

Comment

Fenster So what is your pc?

Comment

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz (overclocked to 4.2 GHz)
              16GB ram (which I upped the speed of just recently which I thought I had done way earlier.)
              2x GTX 970 gpu running SLI (Which i think is my current Star Citizen bottleneck. I don't think SC uses my SLI at all maybe.)

Either way I tested it out yesterday and I'm getting REALLY good performance compared to before. Unless Port Olisar is very crowded I'm barely getting any lag at all.

Comment

SLI doesn't work right now and Hammerhead missions are great. Something about doing group missions and seeing the turrets blasting everything...

Fenster Hammerheads are not something you really want to go against unless you have a lot of guys and some torps. The weapons rip into ships. You would want about 12 middle of the road fighter pilots and decent ships.
                Last edited by BeSiege82; 11-06-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X