Voice chat standardization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice chat standardization

As things stand, people are gathering on TS and on Discord. It would be good if we could try to normalize the use of one over the other.

Which should we use and why should we use that one?

I find myself using discord more. But I really don't care as we can get along together LOL

Comment

I feel that we should really consider what we use as we have people split between the two systems. Insurgency is having this problem right now and I would rather not have this issue in Star Citizen.

Please keep in mind, if you want to notify people that you are playing SC or when you want to play SC at a time, then consider posting that either in the forums or in discord's text chat area for SC.

Our main goal is to be able to talk to each other and know where we can meet up. TeamSpeak has a channel for Star Citizen and Discord has a text message area and a couple generic chat channels.

I'm calling some of you out as you have been active recently and I would like some input.

Dimitrius Fireforeffect Pro-ActiveDeath Fenster Fiddler Bisclaveret Th4n4t05 Anumerical Saber4 Masterjack
      Last edited by BeSiege82; 01-04-2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Are you calling me out Siege?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
          Are you calling me out Siege?
          Yes, Dimi, you have a part in the Star Citizen community at TG and I believe you should voice your opinion.

This goes to everyone, actually, but I know you and the others listed there have a hand in one form or another in this.

Comment

I like both. That is because though that ArmA runs a mod which simulates in-game RF propagation for the radios. That it also simulates real voice communications as well far better than the game engine does (at least such that you can hear what people are saying). This means that Arma won't we looking to ditch TS3 until the game comes up with a decent way of doing all of this.

Now, we get a LOT of boost from having our community on Discord as well. In fact, Discord as turned out to be our primary way in which we notify each other of who is going into games and coordinating. The TS is more for in-game stuff. In fact, we even use Discord more for text and TS more for just voice.

So, my suggestion is to keep both and let the pudding cook then follow that.
            |TG189| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Admin
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

Siege I was joking when I asked if you were calling me out =) It was just the way you worded it, I was about to meet you outside the saloon at high noon with a supersoaker and bag full of water balloons.

Anyway, as of right now, we can use whichever we want, but CIG has stated they are going to invest in a robust and extensible communication system for us. Including delayed transmissions over long distances!

But yeah, I usually check TS and Discord whenever I jump on and we typically use TS for these things because of the better quality codec. (SPEEX 16RC8)

It's a bit early to be deciding on anything.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I think Discord is the better option from the standpoint of a "public" or "non-SC player" perception, and expanding the TG player base for SC. At any given point we may have tens to hundreds of TG and non-TG members perusing the text based chat sections of TG's discord. Having the visibility of the SC chat section with activity, and then having a group of individuals together in a voice chat section of discord playing SC - I think that gives us more marketing appeal.

All that being said, I DL'd TS3 last week just to play with BeSiege the other night... But I have contributed my $.02.

Comment

Discord

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X