E3 2011 Hands-on impressions of SWTOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 2011 Hands-on impressions of SWTOR

Let me give a warning, these guys could possibility be nuts/crazy. I'm not sure what I think yet. I think the game looks amazing. It looks like a bad ass Star Wars themed MMO to me, and I see nothing wrong with it. People keep on asking for innovation, and revolutionary new things, but other than the game playing via mind control device players wear, what can dev's really add to make MMO's revolutionary/innovation these days?

Please, read on. http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06...-old-republic/

Re: E3 2011 Hands-on impressions of SWTOR

There really isn't much they can add these days to be honest (IMO). Same could be said for FPS games.

However, I am still excited for TOR :D

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
      There really isn't much they can add these days to be honest (IMO). Same could be said for FPS games.

However, I am still excited for TOR :D
      Pretty much, swtor looks like another theme park mmo ala WOW, just very polished looking. These types of games usually don't hold my interest long but with the added story element I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Comment

It's funny. They give these guys 10 minutes on a game with a couple quests and it's like the whole game is nothing but that. There will be space combat, personal ships to customize, detailed crafting, multiplayer story content dialogs and full voice over just to name a few off the top of my head. That's at launch which gives this game huge expansive possibilities. Sure the combat may be basic but that's easily expanded. The only thing i see anyone focusing on in this article is combat. That's a very narrow viewpoint.

They didn't show them much of the game so I wouldn't set your opinion in stone just yet.

- -

Comment

..And still aiming for 2011 release! Yeah, I'm excited. I'm going to electrocute stuff very soon.

Comment

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/game-features

- -

Comment

revolutionize
              revolutionary
              FFS. This concept has no ****ing meaning in the gaming industry. I don't give a rat's ass if you think it isn't "revolutionizing" the genre, give me an actually useful critique. Good god.

*edit* Not a tangent at you guys, just have been reading a few too many articles from E3 that have used no less than three instances of "revolution" somewhere in them. Let's synergize our empowerment of the platitudes!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X