Imperial Fleet Rank Structure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperial Fleet Rank Structure

Was chatting with some of the guild members on tonight and we have come up with the following structure for the fleet. Please feel free to chime in as its your guild too!

We will have officers to help in normal day to day guild operations. Officers can do things like change the MoTD invite new guild members and promote or demote as needed. Under them we have Lieutenants. They can do a lot of the same stuff. But are more focused on Player level operations. They can not edit MoTD or promote. Under the lieutenant's we have the recruiter. His soul purpose is to help bring in new players to the guild. He can invite and promote (more on that later). All of the above will have read and chat access to the officer chat in game. They will be the only ones that do so certain things can be discussed within the leadership.

Below all of that we have "Member" and "Initiate" (formerly known as recruit. Members are basically that. Guild members. They can't edit any guild info or read officer chat. They can also invite, unless there is cause for them not to feel free to debate on that. Initiate is basically the newbie. Everyone besides those already in the guild and/or selected for leadership roles will be in this group. There was some discussion about how we can bring members in and the time lines for them being initiates. My thoughts are:

Once invited they become initiates. After a period of time and play with other guild members they will need to be vouched for by at least two members. This will help determine that they are the right type of players for the guild. In my last guild we had so many people join in that just joined for the guild title that it was impossible to do any guild activities. They didn't contribute, nor did they participate in guild functions. Hopefully, giving the new players time to play and get to know the members can help quell that.

I don't want entrance into the fleet to become a long quest or so hard that no one wants to join. But I also dont want to just open the flood gates. TG has a very specific target audience and expectations of maturity level. I want to carry that over into the server through our guild. With that I leave it up to you guys!

Oh and feel free to chime in you Republic scum ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Imperial Fleet Rank Structure

My only concern with the guild (and with most gaming communities in general) is that we don't get overly wrapped up in formalities and guidelines and requirements. I agree with Dredge that we shouldn't just "open the flood gates," but we also want to remember that we play to have fun, and if the game ever begins feeling less fun and more about meeting guild requirements, etc., then I think we've failed at that point. TacticalGamer always seems to attract the right kind of online players, and so I don't expect too many issues with personalities and commitment levels. We'll have all skill levels of MMO players in this game, and I want to make sure we all remember to help each other out, to teach newer players, and be patient with those just getting started. Beyond that, as long as guild members commit to teamwork, and commit to focusing on the task at hand, I'll be happy.

Comment

Agreed Chin. :) That is the overall goal, but a little structure couldn't hurt...

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Dredge, thats not very sith of you.... shouldnt new recruits be required to use force lightning on someone??

Thats what you made me do...

:P
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Who will watch the watchmen??

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          Oh and feel free to chime in you Republic scum ;)
          Very well-thought structure Dredge! It makes sense to have multiple levels of leadership and special functions. It can help lighten the work load for everyone and allow certain members to use their special skills (social/leadership/tactical) to the advantage of the guild as well.

I am curious if you know what the structure of the actual in-game guild will be. I assume its simply Officer/Member/Recruit. Are there more layers to the ranking system ie: Lieutenant. Obviously not a serious issue if we keep the guilds tight-knit enough - Everyone will know who is who.

Also, will you be implementing a crafting advisor or something along those lines? I think I heard talk of it in TS the other night but I am wondering if you would make that a rank of its own or delegate it to one of the other rankings?

We aren't at war yet, please don't feel the need to hold back any insight :row__584:

Comment

I was wondering about in game guild stuff too so the group of Imperials we had on formed one for the last part of the beta. You can create custom ranks and change their heirarchy and permissions so that's what we will use to build the fleshed out stucture. As for craft advisors/officers I am not opposed to the idea. If someone within the guild wanted to focus on crafting and bring others in to give the guild a stable workforce and generate income by all means have at it! :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

What you've got up there looks good Dredge now we just have to wait for the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                You can create custom ranks and change their heirarchy and permissions...
                Great news! That'll be very helpful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X